What are the current problems with the S6?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by geobingshoot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

My decision is made and im going with the s6 :yfrontdroid: but ive heard of quite a bit of issues associated with it and some users which ill quote below;

• S6 and S6 Edge have RAM management issues where some have only 200mb to 400mb available.
    • S6 and S6 Edge having two different sensors one being the Sony Ixmos240 and the other a Samsung Isocell.
    • S6 Edge has calling quality issues that represent poor voice calls and can lead to sudden shutdowns.
    • S6 and S6 Edge have a battery life app (Google Now) that seemed to be eating a lot of battery.
    • S6 and S6 Edge Clear view cover made scratches to the front screen even tough it has Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
    Well if anyone here has an S6 could you tell me how "commonly" can these hardware and software issues occur amongst customers? Also if your aware of more id like to know.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

First issue, at least on AT&T and other North American carriers, has been addressed.

Second item depends upon where your GS6 was made.

No call quality issues on AT&T.

Never heard of the app. Here are some tips and tricks to maximize battery life which has not been an issue for me.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Touch screen sensitivity bothers me on occasion. Nothing else needs complaining

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I haven't heard about any of those issues with regards to the S6 or S6 Edge. From what I've heard it's a excellent phone despite the fact of it not having a user removable battery and a microSDCard slot.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

I wouldn't call those problems. While having the card slot and removable battery are important to some, I personally haven't missed them. With the 16GB no longer the base storage, the need for a card diminishes as the onboard storage increases. Including apps, I have 50GB free. With UFS 2.0, it's much faster. As updates like Android Moon Pie and more device optimization increases, smaller batteries will be the norm

7. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Some of the issues you've mentioned are legitimate problems affected more than a handful of devices. Still, other issues have been addressed, and the fact is that every single smartphone has dozens of "issues" that varying amounts of users deal with. Some of them are minor and others are major, but they usually get ironed out. Rarely are the major, major bugs that make a device not worth getting, at least in the long-term. Also, Google Now isn't a battery life app, and it only drains battery more so than other apps if you constantly have it syncing content for your viewing. It's a personal assistant app, so that's to be expected.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I think that some of them problems might still be occurring on the S6 devices, I think a few have also been solved.

I don't own the S6 but I know a few people that do and they have had no complaints at all with the phones. If your looking for problems, you can probably find faults with every handset that's ever been made, I wouldn't let that put you off though.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The S6 is pretty much perfect in every way. It doesn't have a lot of flaws, but it comes down to how lucky you get with the unit that gets shipped to you. If you have hardware issues you can always send it in for warranty, so no worries.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

That can be said for every handset, not just the Samsung S6. Many manufacturers in the past have had issues with getting consistency in their devices but I think this is happening less often now and you'd have to be very unlucky these days to get a defective handset straight out of the box.