What are LG G4 Specs and features?

Discussion in 'LG' started by teamxxlp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

So LG announced the G4, and things are looking good so far, although not necessarily slam dunk. The device indeed has a Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM, an 16MP (if I recall correctly) rear shooter, 8MP (if I recall correctly) front shooter, and a 5.5-inch Quantum Dot slightly curved display. You can still get expandable storage and have the removable battery, which is nice.

The specs don't blow the competition out of the water, but the G4 is still a worthy successor to the G3. It remains to be seen how much consumers are going to care about the seemingly weaker specs compared to Samsung and other manufacturers. Considering how great the G2 and G3 were, though, I'd definitely embrace the plastic build and high-end (but not the best) internals.

2. Loading...

3. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

I'm curious if it supports the camera 2 API. I've seen some videos that say that it does, but those were before the release so I don't know. Does anybody have it?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think the camera makes this phone much better than the S6 (at least for me). I mean, the SD808 is weaker than the SD805 but that doesn't mean you won't be able to play any game available right now.
    My opinion may be biased by the fact that I'm an LG fanboy but I really think this phone is pretty great and a worthy upgrade from the older devices.

teamxxlp likes this.
  5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Don't you mean the 808 is weaker than the 810? ;) The main weakness of the 808 compared to the 810 is the GPU, but the performance difference between the CPUs is far less pronounced, especially in real world usage. I have a problem with Samsung for ditching what Samsung users loved most about its devices. You shouldn't turn your back on your fans in the name of profits, and Samsung hasn't seen a significant boost in sales compared to previous Galaxy S devices. I'm a much bigger fan of LG. It's a smaller smartphone manufacturer (by market share) that's making better phones than the companies ahead of itself.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

From what I've read online the GPU inside the 808 chip is worse than the one found in the 805. The upside here is that the former is providing 64 bit architecture to the phone which makes it compete better with the newer chipsets.

7. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

Does the 64 bit architecture offer performance improvements? Or is it just like on the PC side, with the main feature being the capability of adding more ram? And it is also quite confusing that the 808 chip is worse than the 805.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's not something really beneficial for phones nowadays but 64 bit processors are supposed to work faster than the 32 bit ones, depending on their capabilities. I think that once manufacturers start to implement 4GB of RAM to most of the phones we may see a lot of performance improvements.

Viorel2 likes this.
  9. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

I don't know hat it is about the LG flagship phones, but they tend to run smooth as butter. The look and feel are amazing even with the cheap plastic components. I had the G2 and G3 and think each model has been better than the last.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

LG are still a bit of a niche manufacturer when it comes to the mobile market. While a lot of the reviews are positive, people still aren't overly convinced by the devices, and as others have said, the specification of their latest flagship device, isn't anything amazing.

For a company that's trying to increase its share of the market, I'd have thought they would have attempted to at least match the devices that are already available.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think they've done a pretty good job considering the fact that Snapdragon messed up the 810 this year. The device is pretty good and it also features a the best camera on the market at the moment. LG are doing good.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think to a certain extent they're doing well, better than I think people originally thought they would, but at the same time, I think they still have a way to go if they're going to compete with the big boys, especially where sales are concerned.