What a Disappointment By Samsung Latest Launch

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by kjonesm1, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

I am utterly disappointed in Samsung's latest launch. They might as well call the phone the Apple Galaxy s6. The all internal phone is bad enough, but have you seen how far the camera lens extends from the body of the phone? I would think just putting the phone face up would scratch it.

Aesthetically the phone looks great, but I think it was a terrible idea to remove the SD card slot. Maybe next time Samsung...

Clairelouise84 likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The camera lens is actually quite resistant from my experience.
    I agree the SD card slot removal was a bad idea, but they upped the internal storage to minimum 32 GB so there's that.

4. regicide3342

regicide3342 New Member

I know right, it just did not stand up to my expectations. I expected something much better and with all the hassle about the new technology I got pretty annoyed when it came out. Yeah of course, it looks good but I tend to value the performance over the aesthetics of the phone. The SD card slot removal was terrible.. I really do not know why they did that. Maybe to make more money..?

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think getting rid of the SD card slot is the biggest issue from what I can gather from people who have been looking at the phone.

As for the Samsung being a disappointment, I think a lot was expected from the Samsung simply because of how the previous models have been.

They're certainly in pole position now to challenge the dominance of Apple And I think this phone is obviously aimed directly at competing with the IPhone 6.

6. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

From what I can read here, I see that this phone is not something that people would recommend anyone I guess.

7. orcot

orcot New Member

They actually got rid of the SD memory slot? now that is a bad move right there. Yes maybe it did have a big internal memory but some people can fill up 32GB right?

8. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

I definitely agree that removing the SD card slot was a dumb idea, but maybe they did it to reduce the phone thickness or for some other aesthetic feature. Samsung seems to be getting more competitive towards Apple recently so I think they're hoping to take away some of Apple's userbase who only care about a phone that's mega thin and stylish.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While it does seem to be a big problem, is it really? 32G of internal storage is still quite a lot but the phone also comes with its cloud storage system of 115G.

I think cloud storage is going to be the big thing in the future so maybe Samsung are looking ahead by removing the SD card system?

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

I thought that it was very impractical of them to do that with the lens too, so I am glad I am not the only one who has thought that because I thought that I was just being fussy! Overall I don't think it is a total let down but there is a lot that could be improved on.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think maybe the Samsung seemed a let down to a lot of people just because the previous models where THAT good!

I think Samsung have definitely decided to play it safe with this phone and there's certainly nothing outstanding and revolutionary about it anyway.

12. ZeeMan

ZeeMan New Member

I do agree that the sd card slot removal was a terrible idea. I always hate it when my phone fills up and I can't add more storage. The camera on the other hand is a bit more understandable. All it takes to fix the phone from wobbling on tables is a case.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think every new device that a company brings out will have good and bad points, people like and want different things at the end of the day, it's hard to keep everybody happy.

If you weigh up the pro's and cons, I think the Samsung is probably still the main market rival now to the iPhone 6.

14. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

Except cloud storage requires the INTERNET, which we don't have with us 24/7. One of the cooler things that android phones have that iPhones DON'T is that micro SD slot, which goes up to like 128gb I believe. Some people download lots of apps and media that that space becomes a necessity. If Samsung never offered that feature in the first place, like Apple, then there'd be less of a problem. However, they discontinued it for some reason (most likely aesthetics) so many people feel disappointed that it's going backwards instead of forward.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While its true that cloud access does require a data connection I think more and more people are turning to offline storage.

Having said that I do think Samsung have been a bit premature by taking away the SD slot. I wonder what type of research they did to make that decision?