Unlocking an iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pixel, May 7, 2015.

1. pixel

pixel New Member

I recently was given my cousin's old iPhone 4s from AT&T, but I'm on T-mobile so the phone is incompatible when locked. Do you know of any legal means of unlocking the device? I know that both AT&T and T-mobile use GSM, so the phone should be compatible once it's unlocked.

2. Loading...

3. sweetkymom

sweetkymom New Member

If there is no bill owed on the phone, you can call AT&T and have it unlocked. I just done this to my husbands phone. It takes about two weeks to actually get it unlocked and ready to go.

pixel likes this.
  4. westmixxin

westmixxin New Member

I unlock my iPhone 4S today was a good idea. It felt needs to start tethering with other devices which really helped me to increase my ability to surf while I'm out of the home. When I'm on the go it's very difficult for me to find Internet access so tethering has been a blessing.

5. pixel

pixel New Member

Thanks for the tip. Since I received this phone second-hand and don't have access to the original account, do you think this method would still work? I know most phones have some sort of identifier, so I'm sure they could verify that the phone's previous account was settled or not.

6. jfab

jfab Member

I think you can always unlock it. There are tips online and even YouTube tutorial videos for it.

7. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, the iPhone 4s given to me was previously locked to a network too. I think it was Sprint or something. I am from the Philippines BTW. Anyway, the person who gave it to me just called the network and asked for it to be unlocked. The network unlocked it quickly because the contract is already over, and there are no overdue bills. :)