Uber Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by introspectivgroup, May 6, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

A friend of mine uses the iPhone 4 for driving Uber. He often complains that the phone is older and have a lot of problems when it comes to the navigation app. I want to know if anyone is driving for Uber and what you think about using the iPhone 4.

2. Loading...

3. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Personally I'm a huge fan of the iPhone 4, it's a good and stable phone. I've never experienced many problems with it and I've used it heavily when it was my main phone. Very likely there are some compatibility issues with newer apps and older phones. The Uber app is probably optimized for the newer phones and therefore creates these problems on the older iPhone.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd say your friend needs to get a better device if he looks to use it all day for travelling purposes. the iPhone 4 is kind of slow in that regard and it could result in your friend losing his job.
    An Android phone is more than enough to fulfill his needs.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, the iPhone 4 is on the older side, so I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware is starting to perform poorly with today's optimized apps like Uber and others. There's not much you can do if the app is having issues on any given hardware setup, but uninstalling the reinstalling Uber might make a slight difference from time to time.

6. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

H
    Uninstalling and reinstalling sounds like a great idea. I will have to make sure that I mention that to him. I know that he gets quite frustrated with the app. I know that it has to be nerve raking to have to figure out where you are going with a device that does not work.

7. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If that doesn't work, then it's probably time to get a new device. If your friend likes the Apple ecosystem, then I'd recommend going with an iPhone 5S or above, which would be more than enough to accommodate regular GPS use and other tasks. At some point, a smartphone will become outdated and unable to handle certain tasks like before because current hardware becomes obsolete so quickly. Two or three years later, and a top of the line phone can become a basement dweller.