Trustworthy Places to Get Android Tablet Apps

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by Diane Lane, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Are there any trustworthy places to get android tablet apps, other than the Google Play store? I've noticed a lot of the apps in the store state that they're for phones only, and won't work for tablets, which isn't good, since I'm looking for apps for my tablet. I thought for sure Receipt Hog would have a tablet app, but I didn't see one in the Google Play store. I'm sure there must be other locations where I can find apps that would work on the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4), but if so, are they trustworthy?

IcyBC likes this.
  2. Techpreneur

Techpreneur New Member

Hello, you can always consider using Amazon's app market to get access to quite a lot of other apps that would be available on your android tablet. Just visit Amazon App Market via a google search and download their app, get access to a bunch of unique ones and go from there. Receipt Hog does have an App, but perhaps it's not supported by your device. To help us better determine what you're looking for, provide some ideas of the types of apps that you're looking for :)

Doing some searches around online can help give you ideas of plenty of different apps to consider that're all on the Google Play Store.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

:eek: I'm new to Android, and had heard of the Amazon App Market, but it totally slipped my mind, thanks so much for reminding me! I didn't see any tablet Receipt Hog apps, surprisingly. I've got a calendar app, yay, and am trying out some of the ones I was familiar with from my other device, but I'm sure I'll be back with more questions about other types of apps, once I get a grip on what my needs are for the tablet.

4. Techpreneur

Techpreneur New Member

No problem, glad I could help! It isn't the best selection of Apps but it does have a few that I would consider rather "spotlight" apps that are definitely worth looking into. Ultimately though it falls on your personal preferences. Either way, hope you find what you're looking for :)

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My sister has an Android tablet and she said she has ReceiptHog on hers. That's odd that it didn't show up for you. Hopefully it is available on Amazon App Market for you. Have you check out ReceiptPal yet? Get that one as you can use the same receipt for both apps :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Even though most of the apps on the Google play store say they are optimised for mobile phones, a lot of them do still work on the tablet aswell as far as I know. I've just been through the apps on my tablet, on a deleting spree, and I've noticed that most of them have said they are designed for phones, but when I was using them I never had any problems.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

I'll have another look. Maybe it's only in the Amazon store, and I still haven't made it over there yet. I'm glad she found it, I think it's kind of fun seeing it grow, and taking some free spins on the slot machine is cool. I've heard of ReceiptPal, but haven't looked into it. Do you use it? I'll have to check it out, thanks for the heads up :D.

@pwarbi Thanks, I noticed that some just said they were designed for phones, and I downloaded those anyway, but there were also a few that specified that they wouldn't work on my device. I don't know why, because they didn't list any reasons, but I guess they could tell the apps were incompatible :confused:.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If you have your phone rooted I can teach you how to make the store believe your tablet is a phone so you can install all the apps, otherwise there are no options other than the Amazon App store or downloading .apk files from Google.

9. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@Diane Lane My sister has the Samsung Galaxy tablet, and yes, I use both apps. Receipt Hog is limited on what kind of receipts they are accepting, but Receipt Pal takes almost everything, even online receipts. Just to let your mind at ease, I have cashed out on both for $20 dollars on each app and all the family members who used these apps have also cashed out too.