Trouble with receiving emails on my iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by short.cake, Jul 30, 2015.

1. short.cake

short.cake New Member

Does anybody have trouble with your email automatically loading on your iPhone 6+?

My email will automatically load some of the time, and I will get a notification. Other times, I won't get my new emails until I tap the 'email' app. Then it will load all of the new emails.

Sometimes it will be a couple of days, and then I will tap the app, and will have 200 or so emails load at once. Has this happened to anybody else? Is there anything I can do to get it to load correctly all of the time? Thanks!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by briannagodess, Jul 31, 2015

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

Try logging in and out then back into your account. There might be some issues with your email provider. Try if this will fix the problem.

If it does not, try updating the email app. Sometimes, if an app is not updated, it crashes or appears to have some bugs. If this still does not work, try uninstalling the app then install it again.

Hope this helps!

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd do what @briannagodess said, and also check your settings for that app. Perhaps when you were setting it up, you clicked the wrong box for something by accident. It does sound more glitchy than that, but that's also worth a shot. I'm having similar issues on my Android tablet, which loads Yahoo mail messages just fine, but not Gmail messages, for some reason.

short.cake likes this.
  5. short.cake

short.cake New Member

Thank you briannagodess! I do have some updates on my phone waiting for me, so I will do that. Plus, I think I will try to uninstall/reinstall the app if the update doesn't fix it. It drives me crazy when it doesn't load for a couple of days, and then suddenly I have 200-300 emails come rolling in at one time! LOL