Tom's Guide Says Galaxy S6 is Fastest Smartphone

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Jun 28, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s6-fastest-speed-test-620274/

In a mostly real world test, Tom's Guide has proclaimed the Galaxy S6 the fastest smartphone.The LG G4, iPhone 6, HTC One M9, Nexus 6, and Asus Zenfone 2 rounded out the top six. I'm not surprised by the results because Samsung knows how to make a powerful device. I think it's most surprising that the G4 came in second, and the Zenfone 2 came in sixth. The Zenfone 2 is powered by an Intel chip and 4GB of RAM, so that's a victory for Intel.

Anyways, the Galaxy S6 is blazing fast, that's for sure.

2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's a top performer in performance benchmarks. The stripped down version of Touchwiz really made a difference in interface interaction. So kudos to them!

LG's UI is always heavy and bloated. I am not surprised they came second either.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The results won't come as a shock to many people I don't think. Users have been impressed with how the device performs and I'd say it's one of only a few devices that have actually lived up to the manufacturers claims, when it comes down to performance.

teamxxlp likes this.
  5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

One thing I really like that has nothing to do with the Galaxy S6 is that LG's claims of optimizing the G4 for the 808 SOC were more than marketing speak. The device performs incredibly well on its chip while falling behind in graphics, which is completely understandable considering its weaker GPU. I'm not surprised Samsung came anywhere in the top three, let alone first place, but I'm surprised and pleased that LG came in second.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm sure everybody will want the device with the faster and better specifications, how much will the performance of a device actually impact on how you use it?

For everyday use, I doubt people will notice too much difference when it comes the the flagship phones of all the different manufacturers, on paper and on tests like these it might make a difference but that's about all

7. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm not really surprised. I still think it is all rather subjective though. I don't think the average user can tell the difference in speed between the devices that round out the top of the list. LG's placement on the list is interesting though.

8. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

It really doesn't surprise me that the S6 is number one. Based on the fact alone that it has an octacore processor it should smoke the competition.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While in a way it's good that Samsung have invested heavily in making the S6 the fastest device available, I'm not sure that people were exactly unhappy with the speed of their devices before so maybe they could have invested more time and money into other areas of the phone?

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The S6 deserves his place. Samsung did a really good job this year and they only deserve praise.
    I'm really surprised to see the G4 coming in as the second place. LG must've really made a lot of optimisation since their CPU + GPU are weaker.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Well, from one of the top-tier phones, I would expect nothing less, especially for the price Samsung are asking for their main S series phones. I think it's only natural they are smooth and functional, given their high price and success.