Thinking of buying a Nexus 9 - Advice?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Simnil, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Simnil

Simnil New Member

I’m thinking of buying a Nexus 9 and have been doing some research. I’ll post my finding here and maybe you guys can help me fill in the gaps or add your opinions.

<strong>Specs</strong>
    8.9 inch display
    NVIDIA Kegra K1 (64-bit dual-core Denver CPU @ 2.3GHz)
    Kepler GPU
    2GB RAM
    8MP rear, 1.6MP front-facing cameras
    7.9mm thick and weight of 425g

This seems pretty nice, it has enough ram to run anything, way more megapixels than anyone cares about and the size I can live with. It’s like a good middle ground between 10 and 7 inch models I guess.

The Nexus 9 also has speakers out the front, a headset jack, microphone and wi-fi. Pretty standard features if you ask me, but they’re good to know about. Google promises battery life of up to 9.5 hours when it comes to videos and other media but standby capacity of up to 30 days. CRAZY!

<strong>Lollipop!</strong>
    It does ship with Android 5.0 Lollipop and that’s a big deal for me. I hate upgrading and switching between versions so that it already has the latest one is great.

<strong>Volta!</strong>
    I’m curious about this Project Volta, it’s apparently focused on improving battery life. It might be the reason this tablet can run for almost 10hours. Oh well, Google knows their tech for sure. There is also something called an ART runtime, which I’m not familiar with but I hear that it’s another improvement.

<strong>Media Tablet</strong>
    Many online reviews say that the Nexus 9 is a great media machine. And that’s exactly what I would use it for, streaming video and things like that. What do you use your tablet for?

If you have a Nexus 9, please leave some advice for me.
    Is there anything I should think about before I get one?