The Rumored iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teamxxlp, May 18, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The rumored iPad Pro or iPad Plus is a device that people are expecting to get announced later this year. It would be a 12.9-inch iPad with a bevy of features from other Apple products. I'm not sure this tablet even exists, but the rumors have been swirling for a couple years now. What do you guys think? Would this help Apple's slumping tablet sales figures?

2. Loading...

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I had no idea that the sales were slumping in the first place! I don't think that it will help it though, because a lot of individuals own android tablets now and they are really nice. Apple may have a high number of phone sales, but the tablet is hard to compete if they make their items so similar. Personally, the little macs that they are coming out with now are great, they're sleek and adorable and easy to carry. If I had to choose between the new mac and an ipad, it would be the mac for sure.

4. AlexKabam

AlexKabam New Member

I think the sales are fine. Have you seen the revenue figures for Apple? They are making crazy cash right now and there is no way they would force out a product that would take away so much from other company resources unless they want to. It would be cool for the product to come out but if Apple does it, it will be because they want to, not because of slumping figures.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

http://www.businessinsider.com/apples-ipad-sales-decline-again-2015-4

Sales have declined on iPads for multiple quarters in a row now. It doesn't matter if Apple's overall revenues are high because a slumping division hurts the bottom line no matter how Apple looks at it. The fact is that the iPad Pro has been rumored for some time now, and it's both a response to slumping sales and because Apple has been planning it for some time.

6. Mongoose87

Mongoose87 New Member

Do you see the point in even having an iPad anymore? When they are putting out phones that are almost to big for your hand, and people have yet to turn away from laptops and basic computers. I won a iPad and it just sits around more of the time. If they are putting out a iPad Pro is it suppose to be comparable to the Window Surface? I think that's really the market to go against. I am dying to get a surface, but waiting for the right time. Has anyone used both? Is it better to wait and see what Apple does or do you see Microsoft beating Apple to the race in mobile tablet/computer function?

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There are many Apple product lovers out there and anything new will bring them out of the woods work, plus you will see a long line of people outside the store. I think if there is an iPad Pro, it will sell like hotcakes for the first few weeks anyway.