The HTC Evo 4G: A Pile Of You Know What

Discussion in 'HTC' started by teamxxlp, Apr 24, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I used an old HTC Evo 4G a couple years ago as a WiFi only device for browsing the Web and waking me up in the morning through the alarm clock. Even with a new battery, that device was a piece of junk. The flimsy kickstand, the terrible battery life, and the wonky software. HTC has made some incredible devices over the years, but the HTC Evo 4G was not one of them!

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I'm guessing by this post that your not a fan? Haha
    I think it's easy to see that HTC have certainly come a long way and hopefully learned from a lot of their mistakes in the past.

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    With a bigger battery and a more stable kickstand, the EVO 4G would have been such a better device. The software problems could have been fixed with an update, but the handful of updates never addressed the most glaring issues. Plus, that device was on the older side, so it didn't go passed Android 4.0 if I recall correctly. It's a good thing that HTC has since created some impressive devices.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    The same can be said for most of the other manufacturers aswell, if you look at some of the earlier models compared to what's available now it's easy to see how far the technology has advanced.

It doesn't look like its going to slow down in the near future either.

5. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Female
    Thank you for sharing this. I know the Evo Shift was a bit of junk. I did not get too good of reception with it. I am glad I never bought one of these. I used to think only the iPhone was over rated. I think there are a lot of phones on the market that are well over rated. I guess it is just a matter of preference. At least this is why I would buy my next phone, out of preference and not because the mainstream of society was buying it.

6. ApexBlue

ApexBlue New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Male
    Haha, I remember the 4G... It was my first smart phone and did not leave a very good impression with me either. Even at the time when it was new, it was very jittery. I remember pulling it out to make a call once and it completely crashed. The phone had a 60+ second boot up time and if you were in a hurry, waiting for it stretches that 60 seconds to years. A friend of mine owns a HTC One and they really seem to have improved their game. I think that the Evo 4G was pushed out a little bit too quickly to cash in on being the first 4G capable device. It's definitely a prime example of awkward transitional technology