The Definite Android Battery Post

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by Simnil, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Simnil

Simnil New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    This is for everyone that is having trouble with battery life or are wondering about phone batteries in general. Here is a collection of good stuff I’ve learned from around the web. I hope you like it!

<strong>What are Li-Ion Batteries?</strong>
    Lithium-ion batteries are what’s used in most phones these days. They are the most popular type of rechargeable batteries available for phones and other portable gadgets. Mostly because of their high energy capacity and slow loss of charge when they’re not used.

Did you know though, that they are used in a lot of other things as well? Military projects, small electric vehicles and flying drones have started using them as well. As an example, new golf carts use lithium ion batteries instead of the old lead acid models that their predecessors use.

<strong>When is is time to get a new battery?</strong>
    Like all batteries they do loose capacity over time and will eventually hold less charge. But you shouldn’t rush to replace the battery since it takes at least a year of heavy use to start wearing down the charge.

<strong>Is it better to let my phone go to 0% and then charge to 100%?</strong>
    Short answer: It doesn’t matter. Lithium-ion batteries doesn’t remember where they started or stopped charging. This is worth mentioning because older batteries usually stayed alive longer if they were fully discharged and then charged back up.

<strong>How do I get more battery time, my device keeps dying!</strong>
    The most effective way I found for saving battery was to stop auto-updating or pinging apps. Things like email, flikr, weather apps continuously ask for updates from the web. You can set their update intervals a bit longer to save battery life. Oh, and don’t use your phone 24/7. That usually helps, haha.

I hope you like this post and now know a little bit more about batteries. Did you find it useful? Is there anything you’re curious about when it comes to battery life? Don’t be afraid to write a reply.

2. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Pretty good information, though you shouldn't let your battery discharge to 0% with any frequency. Doing so will start to affect battery life before long. Keeping your device charged almost full all the time doesn't do a whole lot to hurt the battery, as mentioned above. Still, most manufacturers agree that 30% to 80% is the optimal charge range for a lithium battery.