The Camera of M9

Discussion in 'HTC' started by jfab, May 1, 2015.

1. jfab

jfab Member

I've heard raves about HTC phones and it's mostly about the resolution of its camera. Anyone can tell me how good is the camera of this one? I'm really intrigued.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When the M9 originally came out, a lot of people found that the camera, even though it had better specs, was worse than the camera on the M7 model.

HTC quickly provided an OTA update that fixed the issue, and that seemed to do the trick.

If your a professional photographer, obviously any camera on a phone isn't going to be good enough, but I think for most of us, the camera on the M9 now is more than adequate, and is capable of producing some pretty good results. In the right hands of course...

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

HTC's hasn't had a reputation for the best cameras in quite a few years. The camera on the M9 is fine, but the M7 and M8 had the 4MP Ultrapixel cameras that took relatively lackluster shots. I'd say, after the update, that the M9 has a far superior camera now, but it's still not the best one on the market by any means.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Your right to say that the HTC camera isn't the best on the market, but I think for most people it will be more then capable enough. Personally I've never really seen the point in having a camera that can do everything on a smartphone device, most people aren't professional photographer's so won't even use half the features it comes with.