Surface 3 for a 'ultrabook' type solution?

Discussion in 'Windows Tablets' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Here's my dilemma. I have an Asus Republic of Gamers laptop that's 17.3" and pretty much a powerhouse for gaming and the like. That said, it's too big to lug around everywhere and if I need to type out a document or something quick on the go, I don't have a good solution as of yet. I've been considering the Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3 to handle something like this. The S3 is cheaper and more in my price range for something like this, while a SP3 is much more powerful, but I've heard users complain about the processor throttling and the unit getting very warm/pretty hot, so I'm leaning towards the S3 with it's atom processor even though it's an atom processor, i've seen people say it can handle most work tasks even some basic photoshopping works fine, which is what I'd do with it as well. I'd go for the 4GB RAM model & 128GB drive with a keyboard cover and a stylus pen. Do you think it's worth investing in the Surface 3 or should I go for the Pro 3 for quite a bit more money?

2. Loading...