Stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'HTC' started by ChipAndDale, Apr 1, 2015.

1. ChipAndDale

ChipAndDale New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Male
    Hi there,
    My HTC Hero phone is stuck in safe mode. I am not sure how and why... I charged it and when I turned it back on it was in safe mode.
    I did a factory reset but nothing...I have tried menu + power button, track ball + power button , no way.
    I need some help from you, guys :(

2. Loading...

3. Sofia

Sofia Member

Mar 23, 2015
    you tryed bootloader ?

4. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    This solution normally works flawlessly

1 hold the power button and the home button for 2 minutes

if this doesn't work

1. Remove the battery for 3 minutes
    2. While the battery is out, hold the power button for 3 minutes also.(drains static power)
    3. Hold the power button while inserting the battery

Boot the phone into recovery mode and wipe cache partition to fix your stuck in safe mode problem

boot your phone into recovery mode
    • Turn off your Phone

2. Press Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together and hold them.

3. Once you see the Android System Recovery screen, release the buttons.

4. Use the Volume Down button to navigate through options. Use Power button to choose the highlighted option.

• Choose Wipe Cache Partition

Another way to get your android out of safe mode is to :

1. Perform a factory reset. This clear all your apps and personal data (Perform a backup first)
    2. Go to your apps and delete your recent installed applications. Most times there might be some culprit apps interfering with the booting process of your android phone.

Kyler likes this.
  5. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    That's helpful, but I would also add that once you get out of safe mode, it's recommended perhaps to do a factory reset so it doesn't happen again, I'm not sure if it actually works but factory reset normally does solve it. But that's of course if you got out of safe mode by not performing a factory reset, if you have, then you don't need to do that again! :) Anyway, thank you for sharing this information, it's helpful.