Strange battery draining

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Sonia, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Sonia

Sonia Moderator
    Staff Member

My s4 recenty seemed to restart yesterday. I said " no problem". But I was wrong. I let it to charge for 7 hours and it was only 70%. And this is not all. After 20 minutes, the battery was 43% and the phone turned off.
    I opened it and the battery was 0% and turned off again .
    I checked the battery and it was normal...it didn`t look bigger so I opened the phone again and it was 43% again...
    It`s draining faster than normally so...I really need some tips. :)

2. Loading...

3. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If your wifi and extra idle programs are turned off, I assume its the battery. You might need a new one or try to clean the contact of the battery and the phone. Some particles do get stuck there and interfere with power.

4. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

My mother in law's phone was doing this and she tried everything, but it turned out to simply be background programmes and updates draining every little bit of battery life she had. Make sure everything that is not totally necessary is turned off, if it persists then I would recommend a new battery or possibly a new charger?

5. jfab

jfab Member

This is my first Samsung phone and I had the same problem. I keep buying a new battery for this and it frustrated me.

6. Dre

Dre Visitor
    Visitor

I read your post you should try downloading CM security with the battery booster.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

In that case it could be one out of four cases, hardware, software, the battery and the charger itself. You might want to start off with software by doing a factory reset, if that doesn't change anything then move on to battery, try buying a new battery and they're not that expensive, try it out, if it still isn't working then buy a new charger and try it out, if it still isn't working you might want to take it to a shop to get the hardware checked.

8. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Wow, this seems to be a serious problem. Did you try going to Amazon or eBay and ordering a new battery for the phone. Maybe, the current battery you have is simply getting old.