Something Incredible About The Latest 13-inch Macbook Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teamxxlp, May 7, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I realize this isn't about an Apple tablet, but it's about the latest 13-inch Macbook Air. It runs a new Intel Core i5 processor, if I recall correctly. Cnet tested the device and it ran for EIGHTEEN HOURS on a streaming video loop. That's absolutely unheard of and even beats the low-powered Asus Chromebook C200, which gets 11-12 hours of battery life.

Even if that figure it somewhat smaller, it still should get more than 10 hours for all types of usage except the heaviest multitasking. That's pretty darn impressive, and I'm a huge fan of great battery life.

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am aiming for the MacBook Air some time in the future, and that sounds fantastic. Long battery life is also top in my desire. Having HP laptop all my life, the heat and battery life on those were just not very impressive to me, so I am saving money for the new MacBook Air.

4. Techlover

Techlover New Member

As am I. Being able to last with tablet levels of battery life, mixed with laptop levels of productivity. That's sort of the dream isn't it. Although I am impressed with Apple's latest iteration of the netbook, I am not sure I'd buy it. I can simply never get used to OSX. It's smooth and fluid, and I know my way around it, but it isn't something I would see myself using comfortably. And the New Macbook doesn't have enough power for the types of programs I'd run. The Intel core M isn't near enough for me, though that is one of the primary reasons they were able to squeeze like 12 hours out of this bad boy. Maybe someday I'll change my mind.