(Solved) Samsung Galaxy S5 waterproof problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

#2 Guest, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Hello.

Is there anyone else who owns an Samsung galaxy s5 and tried to dunk it into water?

I mainly bought the phone cause of the waterproof feature but this didn't worked for me. 1h ago I took the phone in the shower with me and while speaking on the phone, it suddenly closed. I can't manage to make it boot again.

Anyone else got this problem?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#3 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
    I had same issue and

I had same issue and I had to take the phone to the service.

"W A T E R P R O F" riiiiiiiiiiiight... just marketing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#4 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
    I am sorry to hear

I am sorry to hear about these inconveniences and this is a known problem to the Galaxy S5 device.

You should know that water resistant is not the same as waterproof, meaning that it can be submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. It isn’t designed to deal with high pressure water jets, and that could mean the water coming out of your faucet.

I advise you to NOT try to open the phone if it shut down while u were using it in the water. Instead, open the case and try to dry it off with a towel, then place it in a bowl of rice. You should keep it in the rice for atleast 24h or until it is 100% dried out.

If it won't work after the 24h, you will want to take it to a service.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#5 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
    Hey Matheus, thanks for the

Hey Matheus, thanks for the tip. I guess I thought it is waterproof and I took it a bit too far.

I followed your guide and placed the phone in a bowl of rice and it dried out and now is functional again!

No idea how the rice works but it helped me (^_^)