(Solved) Samsung Galaxy S5 waterproof problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

Hello.

Is there anyone else who owns an Samsung galaxy s5 and tried to dunk it into water?

I mainly bought the phone cause of the waterproof feature but this didn't worked for me. 1h ago I took the phone in the shower with me and while speaking on the phone, it suddenly closed. I can't manage to make it boot again.

Anyone else got this problem?

#2 Guest, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I had same issue and

I had same issue and I had to take the phone to the service.

"W A T E R P R O F" riiiiiiiiiiiight... just marketing.

#3 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I am sorry to hear

I am sorry to hear about these inconveniences and this is a known problem to the Galaxy S5 device.

You should know that water resistant is not the same as waterproof, meaning that it can be submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. It isn’t designed to deal with high pressure water jets, and that could mean the water coming out of your faucet.

I advise you to NOT try to open the phone if it shut down while u were using it in the water. Instead, open the case and try to dry it off with a towel, then place it in a bowl of rice. You should keep it in the rice for atleast 24h or until it is 100% dried out.

If it won't work after the 24h, you will want to take it to a service.

#4 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey Matheus, thanks for the

Hey Matheus, thanks for the tip. I guess I thought it is waterproof and I took it a bit too far.

I followed your guide and placed the phone in a bowl of rice and it dried out and now is functional again!

No idea how the rice works but it helped me (^_^)

#5 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014