Since the S6 has been out for a while now, how do you like it?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by FuZyOn, May 27, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Do you enjoy the S6 currently? Are you satisfied with the device or are you currently regretting that you didn't hold on until the G4 came out?
    I'm personally really happy with the S6 and I think I'm going to keep it for a long time.

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, the S6 Edge is a waste of space for anything other than vanity, considering it costs more than the regular S6 without providing extra features. Then you've got the usual complaints about both devices (ie. removable batteries, expandable storage). Most people seem to like their Galaxy S6 devices, though I know tons of people that would rather have a plastic build and the old Galaxy S staples.

4. TPhoenix

TPhoenix New Member

I haven't bought my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge yet but I have every intent to purchase it this coming month seeing that I'm always going into stores and fiddling with the device. It's such top quality tech and I think despite a few drawbacks, Samsung delivered hugely with this version. That camera inside it is absolutely out of this world. Just beautiful.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Ha, I think Samsung hit the nail in the head this year with the S6. They lived up to the expectations and they've built a very solid device.
    People may argue that the glass design with the Edge curve is pointless/bad, but it all comes down to preference.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

On the whole I think most people that have this device are happy with what they've got. While it's still relatively new, people are still finding out just what the device can do, Samsung will already be working on the next model.

7. polski691

polski691 New Member

I know several people who have purchased the S6 Edge, and they all seem to have one problem in particular with it: the "Edge" bit that had touted it as being completely different and revolutionary over its opposition hasn't been put to much use at all. With the Note Edge we had some definite opportunities that were duly used in terms to the Edge, and you'd expect them to make an improvement to its functions with the S6 variety. But alas, it was squandered, seeming to function for merely its aesthetic appeal.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

To be fair to Samsung though, they did release the specification of the edge before it was put on the shelves so I understand that people might be a little frustrated by the fact there's not a great deal of difference, they was aware of that before they purchased the device.

Of the two, I think if you've got the funds to be able to afford the edge, it's definitely the better option to go for.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really like the feel of the Edge, but I don't think it's worth $200. It is gimmicky at the moment and it doesn't really add a lot of value. With those $200 I could buy a smartwatch.

10. k9cb

k9cb New Member

How does the edge work with a protective case? It seems like it would be kind of awkward for the more durable case options out there. It also seems like the physical edge would be an especially delicate area. I also picture myself accidentally bumping the buttons on there. Is it as award as I imagine it?