Sense or makes no sense?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, May 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I'm sure as HTC users, were all well aware of the sense feature that they use on their devices. Some people love it, some hate it.

You didn't used to be able to turn the feature off, but now it appears that you can, me personally, the first thing I did was turn it off.

How many people still enjoy the experience and the features that sense brings, or are you like me...shut the thing down as quickly as possible?

AlexKid likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Generally I've come to a point in my life where I want things to be as simple as possible. The more feature rich a product is, the more of a turn-off it is for me, personally. I can understand why HTC implemented Sense on top of the Android framework, they want to homogenize their line up. There are pros and cons to this, it ultimately depends on the end-user experience. If the majority of their users are choosing to keep the Sense feature on, than I would say it's a success for them.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Manufacturers are always looking at making their devices with a unique selling angle. While the android platform is pretty standard across the board, the only way they can do that is by coming up with systems like sense.

It's a feature they've stuck with from the start, with them now deciding we can have an option to turn it off, might be them admitting it's not to everybody's liking.

5. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think you make really interesting and good points on this. I think that manufacturers are always looking at making their devices with a unique selling angle by doing something that is different, but I guess it's spread like you said and I would appreciate a little bit more of change though.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think that's why HTC have now decided that you can turn the sense option off now, if you want.

While it is still very much a part of the HTC range of phones and they're still developing it, I also think they now realise that not everybody want's a different look and feel to their android. Some people actually like the stock android interface.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's very interesting that you mentioned that because I know of a lot of companies that care so much about the community and customers rather than their own projects. I think that is something that will help the company a lot, doing polls and seeing what's actually better is always a good idea.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

HTC have always had a very good reputation when it comes to listening to their customers. You only have to look at the success of the HTC ONE device, and how it's been developed to see that.

9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Absolutely. I've seen it and I couldn't agree more with you.