Sell or recycle old PC laptop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 4, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

Should I sell or recycle my old PC tablet laptop? It's the fancy moving screen that you can write on. It's about 4 years old and the battery is dead. Should I bother trying to sell it? Or should I just recycle it and get $20 for it? I purchased it for about $2000.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Danielle Davidson
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Take it to a local pc repair shop. See what they will give you for it. If not buy a new battery then sell it on craigslist or ebay. keep in mind ebay charges fees.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

You could try selling it first and see what kind of price people are willing to put up for it. I'm pretty sure that you could get a lot better price that way than recycling it.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Sell it someone will buy it on ebay, i would try that before just getting $20 for it or buy a new battery.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

You should always go with the selling option first. Even dated tech can fetch you SOME cash. Besides, you paid money for that stuff. Don't you think you should get some return on that? recycle ONLY if you can't find a buyer.

7. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

A replacement battery shouldn't be that much to have it up and running again. But if you are looking to upgrade then selling it on ebay or craiglist should get you more than $20 usd. What I don't understand it that you are willing to take a $2000 usd laptop and with depreciation, you are going to sell it for $20 usd. If that's the case forward me your details and I'll buy it off of you. That is a steal in any circumstance.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I wonder if you can actually buy the battery. Did you ever try buying a replacement battery? That's a way to go before you actually start thinking of selling it or recycling it. I think you can do a lot with this old laptop, considering it would have old specifications, you can have Linux on it and it would just be as fast as it used to be back then. If you can do that, you can use it for backup or a lot of several useful things, think about that.

9. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Try getting a new battery for it and if that does not work then try your luck with selling it on ebay.

$20 for something like that is a steal. I'm certain that you would make a lot more for it on ebay. When you list it though just make it clear that it does not work and you're selling it for spares or repair only. There are some funny people out there who will jump on that and then open a dispute or something on a false advertising basis.