Samsung Pay for Galaxy S6

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by oldman47, Apr 6, 2015.

1. oldman47

oldman47 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hello everyone,

I was very passionate about the Samsung Pay feature when it was announced and I immediately snatched a copy of the Galaxy S6.

But, Samsung Pay is not on my Galaxy S6 as far as I can see. Anyone can tell me why is it missing from my phone or what happened there?

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Samsung Pay is not on your Galaxy S6 because it was not launched with the phone. It is a feature that will launch later this year, during the summer to be more precise.

If you are planning to use Samsung Pay, you should not root your phone until its confirmed that you can do so without affecting the pay system, because it is unknown at this time.

4. Beny

Beny Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Male
    You are partially correct there. Galaxy S6 is a device that launched with the hardware that supports this feature but wasn't launched with the app that does this. Samsung has not given any ETA on where and when it will become available but it is expected during this summer, the main reason being the one that is takes time to connect with bank partners for such service.

5. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Indeed, as mentioned in the above post, do not root your phone if you care about Samsung Pay.