Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Unboxing

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by chevypowell, Apr 15, 2015.

1. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker

Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Unboxing

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    The S6 and the S6 edge are packaged beautifully! Nice unboxing, thanks for sharing!

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Maybe it's just me being a bit sad when it comes to smartphone technology but there's not much better feelings than when you first bring your new smartphone home and open the box up for the first time.

In the past though I have chosen some rubbish and the reboxing and taking back to the store to swap for something else can also be a good time aswell!

5. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Good unboxing. :) I don't really see the appeal of the edge over the S6. Seems a bit gimmicky if I'm honest. How do the two stack up side-by-side? Which one do you prefer to use as a daily driver and which would you recommend the consumer to get?

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    In short, not much...

The edge's battery is bigger, you'll get a bit more time between charges but not that much difference.

On paper it's a bit lighter. But you won't notice much difference.

You get the curved gorilla glass and also a slightly better notification feature that means you get the notification even when the phones in sleep mode but as far as I know that's pretty much it?

Is it worth an extra 100/120? In my opinion maybe just about but the choice is yours.

What does everybody else think? Is there any other differences that have been overlooked? What sort of prices should Samsung be selling the two versions at?

7. Jalek

Jalek New Member

May 6, 2015
    Male
    The video shows clearly what is better from the S6. I love the way the maker of the video has shown each part of the phone for all to see. It is really worth the extra money. After all you have to fork out cash for something good.