Samsung Galaxy S4 Hardware Issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by TPhoenix, May 28, 2015.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenix New Member

Has anyone experienced any nagging hardware issues with the Samsung Galaxy S4 like I have? I absolutely love this phone but part of the reason I'm upgrading from it is that it has a bad, faulty tray that stores the SIM card. My phone would work for awhile then out of the blue a notification that immobilizes the device pops up and says "SIM card removed. Insert SIM and Restart Device."

For months, I had to deal with sending out the phone unsuccessfully, padding the tray, but finally squeezing in the SIM card to kind of move the loose tray back into place has simmered the problem down for now. I don't know how long it will last till it goes giving trouble again.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Kyler, Jun 6, 2015

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I've never seen this problem. I think it could be a rare occasion. I would have to ask though, is your SIM card manually cut or is it actually a Micro Sim card? I think it makes a lot of difference as the cut ones are not efficient whatsoever. If that is the case, I would encourage you to get a Micro Sim Card from your provider. I will say though, if it's still in warranty and this keeps happening, send it back so you get a proper one. Your case may be rare, it might be detection problems or something wrong with the wires in there. Try factory reset next time it happens though, then take it to a trusted shop if it carries on and then you will know what to do.

4. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree with you.

Stay away from SIM cards that have been converted or cut. Don't even use converters. Those tiny pins in the SIM tray are very soft and prone to breaking. I've learned by experience and it completely made my phone unusable.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It can happen, but it's a rare issue. You can more than likely find replacements online for the SIM tray, and I would recommend replacing the SIM card. There's a slim chance that the tray itself is faulty, and it's far more likely that something is wrong with the SIM card. As others have mentioned, a cut SIM card is more of a hassle than it's worth, and replacing these cards isn't expensive or all that difficult anyways.