Samsung Galaxy s3 Final Goodbye!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by chevypowell, Apr 15, 2015.

1. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker

Samsung Galaxy s3 Final Goodbye!

2. Loading...

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Good job, I realise that the Samsung Galaxy S3 used to be great, but not anymore. It has quite low RAM compared to the new phones, because today a requirement is like 2 GB of RAM to run almost all of the applications, or to run them without lag and phone overheating.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Good riddance. The S3 was a great device when it came out, but I'd say Samsung's peak was actually with the S4 from a popularity standpoint and then the S5/Note 4 from a hardware standpoint. Perhaps the S6 will bring the company back to its glory days, but things really took off with the introduction of the S3, more so than the S2. I was always a Motorola fan and then an LG fan. Still, I owned a Samsung Galaxy S variant years ago that was a more than decent device.

5. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Male
    In my opinion the S3 is still very relevant for its performance. I have a few friends that have bought the Galaxy S3 Neo - it's basically the same but you get all the new offiical software updates with it. But for average usage (facebook, a few calls and other social apps) it's good enough. I don't see what a performance boost you would get in the Facebook app in latest flagship phones.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. pixel

pixel New Member

May 6, 2015
    Male
    I agree with kofter128. I still use an S3 with a custom lollipop rom and it works like a charm. Then again, I don't use many demanding applications like games and what not, so it could be that I never pushed the phone to its limits. I'd say that it's still fine for the average user though.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. fletcher0124

fletcher0124 New Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    The Galaxy SIII in my opinion was one of the best phones for a long time. Of course it can't stand up to better hardware, but what made it so great was its surprisingly longstanding ability to hold on to both software updates and its hardware durability. I loved my GSIII and it went through so much with me. Although I had to upgrade, the GSIII is still one of the best phones in my opinion. It even survived a dunk in one of the Great Lakes ;).

Diane Lane likes this.