S6 Owners, How Long Does Your Battery Last?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by turt, Apr 22, 2015.

1. turt

turt New Member

My contract is up in around a month. The Samsung S6 is the only phone that looks good besides the iPhone (and I'd like to stick with Android). My main concern is with the battery life. How long does it last for you?

My S4 has been terrible with battery life and the fact that the S6 doesn't have a user replaceable battery is extra concerning!

Thanks

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The S6 has a 2,550 mAh battery, which is somewhat on the small side, considering it has a quadHD screen. That screen at full brightness will wear down the battery faster than anything else. Still, the Snapdragon 810 SOC is power efficient, so you should be able to get all-day usage with light to moderate tasks. Even a little multitasking might leave you with some battery life at the end of the day. It's still a charge once per day, or perhaps every two days, device.

Users have been reporting battery life from seven to 12 hours, based upon their own usage habits.

4. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I am able to get by all day, if I don't use videos and calling but the screen brightness if it is at full does seem to wear the life down, and with a full charge is able to last till the evening and that is a good thing for me. I have been able to use it at most for around 8 hours in a day and also it is good to use it each day and also have enjoyed the phone for my tasks I use each day. I reckon that if the phone had, less battery usage than would be good for people to use and also it will be good for some tasks but video watching and also calling does use battery life easily.

turt likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The main drain on any device is the screen. Seems like a obvious thing to say but it really is as simple as the less you use your device, the longer it will last.

If its permanently glued to your hands and your constantly on it then nobody will be able to get a full days use out of it without charging.

The main gripe with smartphones as always been the battery life and I think we've come that far now that companies would have fixed the issue if they could have.

The fact they haven't, tends to suggest they've done all they can for now.

6. jfab

jfab Member

A friend of mine owns one and this is his only complaint. He even said that one time, the battery blew up when he was trying to charge it. Then eventually he had to buy a new one.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I have to admit, this is the first time I've actually heard if a battery blowing up. Did he find out actually what happens in the first place for this to happen?

I think if this happened to me I'd be very wary about using the device again.

8. turt

turt New Member

Batteries do blow up but you'd have to have a major flaw in the manufacturing of the battery for it to actually blow up. It also seems strange to me that such as new phone could even have battery problems so soon. If this is the case, Samsung will have to do a huge recall!

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If this is an issue that's happend on a lot of the new Samsung's then I think they definitely need to be worried.

Issuing a recall is the last thing they'll want to do, simply because of the amount they've sold already and the sheer logistics that would entail.

10. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

I get about two days use of it, with mobile data turned on constantly, and wifi when I'm at home. I have at least an hour of talk time a day and I'm chatting in Facebook about an hour too, I don't really use it for anything else, it just stays in my pocket while I'm at Uni and I'll browse the web from time to time and do the occasional googling. That's light usage so I can afford to keep mobile data on at all times (only 3G, there is no 4G in my country), I'm quite happy with it.

11. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have experienced a battery life of about 8 hours on days with normal use. I get about 12 with light use. The battery does seem slightly small for the device size.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've been getting a constant 5 hours SOT which is reasonable considering the small-ish battery on this phone. It usually lasts me a whole day, which is good.

13. hunkydoire

hunkydoire New Member

Yes, when I heard about the whole battery that you cannot take out, I thought that I probably would not be venturing to get this phone. That just is disconcerting. It sucks taking the power of something that simple out of the customers hands

14. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Hmmm the battery of my device lasted for a few hours because it's new. I hope that the battery will be more promising tomorrow after I finish charging it fully. Just make sure that you don't have the 3G open all the time. Also, you can download many battery saving apps from the Playstore. I am not sure really if those will help with the S6, but I know they did with my old Android phones.

15. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If you research them you may actually find a useful battery app. Some apps do more to educate the user but that is good as well. Keeping background apps to a minimum and closing services that you don't need go a long way towards increasing battery life. Properly charging is helpful as well.