S6 Edge vs S6?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by srock, Jul 14, 2015.

1. srock

srock New Member

In what ways is the s6 Edge better than the s6? What benefits does the s6 have over the s6 Edge?
    How does each compare to the S5?

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There aren't big differences. Samsung have been able to squeeze a bigger battery on the Edge (50 mAh difference) and this version is lighter, but thicker. Other than that it all comes down to preference and if you're willing to splurge more money on the Edge.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

For the extra cost of the edge, the difference between the two isn't a great deal to be honest. The edge is all round the better device but if the added features aren't something that your going to get he most out of, the standard S6 will be more than good enough.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Since the double-sided edge of the S6 Edge provides no extra functionality, you only gain bragging rights for design in choosing it over the regular S6. Nobody is going to convince me that adding a lighted edge for contact calls and notifications is a full feature. There's nothing innovative about that. You pay more and get a slightly smaller battery and more expensive repairs in case of damage with the S6 Edge. That's about it. Both are great devices, but the S6 Edge is a bragging kind of device, and the regular S6 is the better one from a practical standpoint.

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The biggest draw of the Edge is the curved screen. Everything else is minimal pretty much so you have to really decide if you want to splash the extra cash for that curved screen or not.

7. srock

srock New Member

Hmm sounds like a luxury I do not need. Thanks for the input everybody! Now, does anyone own the Edge? Tell us about how cool it really is.

8. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

While I don't own one, I did try one out when I was shopping around the phone I have now.

It's ok, pretty nice all in all but as said in previous post the biggest thing is the curved screen and it did not seem to make that much difference from the standard S6. It's like they only did it to show that they can.

9. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

I'm also confused what's the difference and what to choose between s6 and s6 edge... I'm buying a phone next month so guys can you tell me which is good to buy??

10. judyjbrittain

judyjbrittain New Member

There is not much difference in both phones.phones. S6 Edge has bit larger battery capacity than Galaxy S6. S6 Edge is also lighter and thicker than Galaxy S6.

11. anwarabir

anwarabir New Member

Samsung Galaxy S6 vs S6 Edge: They share the same basic features
    Let's start with how they're the same first. Both feature a 5.1-inch Quad HD display – that's 1,440 x 2,560, up from 1,080 x 1,920 on the Galaxy S5. Next is the Samsung Exynos 7420 processor, an octo-core processor with four cores clocked at 2.1GHz and another four at 1.5GHz. They have the same cameras – 16-megapixel with optical image stabilisation on the back, 5-megapixel on the front – and every other core spec is the same.

In other words, if you're worried that you're making serious compromises to get the curved screen, worry not. You're not losing out anything really serious here. But what do you gain from getting the S6 Edge?
    Samsung Galaxy S6 vs S6 Edge: The S6 Edge has a bigger battery
    One of the key changes for the S6 is this is the first flagship Samsung phone that has a non-removable battery. This battery will last 12 hours of continuous web browsing on Wi-Fi according to Samsung, but its biggest trick is the fast charging. Ten-minutes of charging equates to about three to four hours of use and it can charge from 1% to full in about an hour and 20 minutes - faster than any other rival phone.

But because the SIM-tray on the Galaxy S6 Edge had to be placed at the top of the phone, Samsung managed to squeeze in a slightly larger capacity battery than the Galaxy S6 – 2,600mAh vs 2,550mAh. It shouldn’t make a huge difference, though, as it's only 2% bigger. But in use, there did seem to be some slight disparity in battery performance. Approaching the end of a working day, the S6 Edge seemed to have about 10-20% more battery left.

3D gaming hits both devices pretty hard and will drop the battery by about 40% in three hours, but that will be closer to a 45% drop off if you’re using the non-Edge S6.

12. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

Thanks for posting, Now i know the difference about the two.

13. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

judyjbrittain thanks for sharing your thoughts about the s6 and s6 edge. I really appreciate it.

14. anwarabir

anwarabir New Member

Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge? We've lived with both Android phones to help you decide between two of the best smartphones of 2015

Samsung surprised no one when it announced two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6. The standard 'plain' version and the Galaxy S6 Edge.

We've reviewed them both, used them for an extended period of time and we can say they're some of the best phones we've had our hands on so far this year. That's comfortably better than the HTC One M9, a step up from the LG G4 and even the iPhone 6. It's a proving to be a great alternative to the iPhone 6S as well if you don't want to go with Apple's smartphone.

So how do you pick between these two great Samsung phones and how do they differ? Bottom line, it's easier to talk about how they're the same as the differences are slight, but they are there.
    The two flagships are the most advanced and powerful phones on the market but the choice comes down to whether or not you love the innovative curved edges and can afford the premium.

We look at those differences in more detail below to help make sure you pick the right handset for you.

Oh, if you want to go bigger than the S6 and the S6 Edge, Samsung has now officially announced the Galaxy S6 Edge+ as well just to complicate matters.

15. Anu

Anu New Member

Samsung Galaxy S6 is a wonderful device. It comes with 5.1 inches (Large) display,16 MP Primary camera and 2550 mAh, Li-ion battery.The device offers Latest connectivity options like NFC, 4G (selected markets), 3G, Wi-Fi, USB port, Bluetooth v4.0 and GPS/AGPS.Go for 91mobiles as it is the best place to buy such an excellent device.