S6 edge overheating?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by geobingshoot, Jun 8, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

I just bought the S6 edge yesterdar and God... This thing overheat like crazy. If i play Mortal Kombat, it overheat. If i play another intense game it overheat. If i stay in fb or twitter for a long perior during the day without air conditioner, it get super hot in the back. So, it suppose that the SD 810 overheats but, they are not admitting that the S6 also overheat. I think the problem is with the big.LITTLE implementation.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There are 2 S6 edges in my home. Neither has ever come close to overheating. Maybe you have too many apps running.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

i play in a room with with 2 3d printers running. gaming pc, About 90 in here havent turned the ac on for the year yet. running antutu back to back for 2 hours i never had my s6 edge overheat one time.

can you provide proof? screen shot showing the temps?

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There is a huge difference between overheating and getting warm.

When a device overheats, it essentially means the temperatures reached the point where damage to the internal hardware is possible and thus the device shut off in order to prevent any damage.

Any modern smartphone will warm up when put under heavy use, gaming is an example of this. It is impossible to expect a 7mm device with no internal cooling mechanisms to remain cool under heavy use.

With that said, while temperature increases are common, there is a point at which you know the temperature is too high. If the device reaches a temperature hot enough to burn your hands then you should take the phone and get it repaired.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Hottest mine has gotten was 104 F after wireless charging. Since that time I haven't used it and I've gotten to 99 using the regular fast charger. Hot to the touch but I just turn off the phone for 5 minutes and is fine.

7. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

ALL smartphones will warm up, but very few devices will flat out overheat unless you're doing something that's not exactly smart. The problem is that smartphones have poor thermal dissipation, so these devices heat up during even the most mild use. You'll feel the device as warm to the touch, and some devices can get fairly hot, depending upon the device. Overheating is a much different thing than getting warm, though. It's not just the S6 Edge.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think most of the devices these days will get warm, but like other have said that's totally different from a device actually overheating. Overheating will cause damage to the software and the phone itself, often it will shut itself down to prevent damage. Basically if the device hasn't shut it's self down, then it's not overheated, and I wouldn't be overly concerned.

9. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If you know someone who has the same phone as you, try out their phone and see if it's overheating like yours. If that's the case, take it back to the place you brought it from and ask for a replacement. All phones warm up after some serious use but it shouldn't be too excessive. From what I can gather from your comment you sound like it's overheating more than you expected it to. So it's better to act quickly and have it replaced at the first given opportunity if it is indeed overheating.

10. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Overheating is a problem with all phones because they're designed a built not to take out heat in a good way, it is a problem with smartphones as they don't really use fans. Weather could also make a major difference. I mean, I've done my own testings on it and I have had my Samsung phone overheating a lot of the times without me running any application, don't worry about it because it's not going to wreck anything, it's just a common thing among smartphones.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Your battery may be faulty, or there must be something running in the background that is causing overheating issues. I'm having no problems whatsoever with mine but I always keep my phone "clean" from all the bloatware and stuff.
    It may just be Touchwiz that's causing the problem.

12. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've never heard of people complaining about overheating issues from the Galaxy S6 edge. I think it's best to replace your device. If you're playing games, I can clearly understand that the phone will get warmer than normal, any phone does it. However, for basic social media and browsing for long hours, it should not get hot.

Are you browsing using Wi-Fi or 4G? 4G/3G with mobile data active tends to heat the phone normally, especially when you're in an area with low signal bars and the phone insists on trying to search for more signal every period.

13. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Oh, I know it seems like these phones are built worse for overheating than in the past. I think that there are a lot of phones that are overheating and they really need to do something about this.

14. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

I think you've been using so many apps. Close the apps that is not needed so that it will not get heat..