Rooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GunSlinger, Jul 9, 2015.

1. GunSlinger

GunSlinger New Member

Since we don't have a dedicated forum or thread here, why don't we start a general rooting thread here. So if you have questions, tips, guides, tricks, inquiries, or anything that's related to rooting, post it here.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sabin
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really think this is a good idea for a thread and it should maybe get a sticky if some good info is posted?

I've wanted to root my phone to get rid of all the useless bloatware but I've been holding off for fear of messing something up!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If anyone has a rooted phone I highly recommend you install Xposed Installer and find some useful plugins. Things like Adblock, Greenify, Amplify and so on can really improve the quality of your phone and make the whole experience much more enjoyable.

5. GunSlinger

GunSlinger New Member

There's nothing to be afraid of when rooting. The worst you could do is get a soft bricked phone which you can fix by simply factory resetting your phones through recovery.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree. As long as you're careful there's hardly a way to hard-brick your phone. That being said, when you're going to flash custom kernels/ROMs you need to be REAAAALLLYY careful because once you flash the wrong version your phone is going to be a paper.

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My biggest fear is doing some irreversible damage to my phone and not being able to get it back. I've checked out a couple of guides on the rooting process for my phone but they say different things like one guide says I need to do this and that, and the other guide saying I need to do different things.