Removing built-in bloatware on SG5?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by srock, Jul 14, 2015.

1. srock

srock New Member

Hello,
    I am wondering if someone would explain to me simply how to remove the built-in bloatware on my Galaxy 5?
    Thanks!

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When you say bloatware, exactly what applications do you mean? All android devices will come with the Google apps installed, and while you can disable all the ones you don't need, the only way to completely remove them is if you root the device.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. srock

srock New Member

I mean the google, the NFL, all the Verizon apps, IMDB, Amazon etc etc. My phone came with over 30 preinstalled apps. Half of them I don't use or want and I am having trouble with storage, I have to delete photos to download any new apps.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I think that the only solution would be to root your phone and then download an app manager with root access. You might not want to delete all the google apps, as deleting some of them could screw your phone up for real.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

To delete apps that already come installed on to your device, the only solution is to root your phone. Personally I'm not a fan of rooting, but if you feel like it's the only option for you then there's plenty of sites around that will show you the best and safest ways to go.about doing it.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. run2live

run2live New Member

Have you considered buying an extra memory card for your phone? That would be an easier option, and you wouldn't run the risk of messing up your phone.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yep, only way to delete system apps is to root your phone. I can give you assistance if you're interested in rooting your device in order to get rid of the useless apps.