Remembering your first cell phone...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeOh, Jun 11, 2015.

1. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

[​IMG]

Yup, my first phone was a Nokia 5110. Man, it was so expensive back in the days. If you got one, your famous. Cellphones were not as popular as it is now. It's so durable and it would take around two weeks before the battery runs out.

How about you? What's your first phone?

2. Loading...

3. Mongoose87

Mongoose87 New Member

Oh man, I remember that phone. My first actual cell phone was a bag phone, like came in a case and everything. Plugged into the lighter outlet, however the only reason I had that phone was because my parents claimed I didn't need a phone only for when driving. I was 16, and everyone had some type of phone. It wasn't until a year later I got a sweet flip phone. The feature of it was that the outside screen would change colors when you got a call. Thankfully we have made many improvements to phones.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My first phone was the Phillips C12. I had it with a BT Cellnet price plan and it might have been their own branded phone but it was Phillips C12. I was even able to get a different cover for it. It was black and had some sort of Kanji on the speaker cup.

My second phone was a Nokia 3310 that I loved and loved collecting covers for. I almost always used a Coca Cola Christmas style cover for it. It had a snowscape against a night sky on the back with a or a few polar bears there.

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I remember my first cell phone with fond memories. It was the Motorola flip phone, and yes, I was the coolest person in my small town at that time. I loved it so much that I still keep it as my precious treasure :)

6. Yosh

Yosh New Member

My first phone was some Samsung something or other. Had a camera though, so not ancient! I thought it was cute :3. I somehow got ahold of this "super Bluetooth" thing. It was really weird, because it allowed for my phone to actually take control of other peoples phones!

7. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

Thia is also my second phone. God, I couldn't forget how people were crazy about the different covers back then. I love playing Snake and Space Impact in that phone. There's also a composer where instead of buying a ringtone, you just borrow other people's phone who downloaded the ring tone and compose it yourself. Haha. Goos ols memories.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I vaguely remember that tool. It was also on other phones of that era too I think. There were loads of sites you could go to at the time that had the "formula's" for different ringtones. Ahh the good old days.

The covers were all amazing but the most popular one I think was that darkish blue one with lightning strikes adorning it.

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't even recall my first cell phone brand or model, but I remember the case I put on it (actually the outside pieces came off, and were replaced with the pretty ones) and the gel keyboard. It was a tropical flower design, and the keys were pink and glittery. It was gorgeous.

10. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

That's what the 3310 was like.

The replaceable keypads were good and if I recall I always went back to one with a green hue that would glow in the dark. It was pretty nice.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't remember that model number but it was a nextel phone. I loved the direct talk line. That was the best feature of the phone. Everyone in my town had it and it was good for my business because of that feature alone.

[​IMG]

12. Se7en

Se7en New Member

Motorola T190, got it for my 11th birthday. I remember you could take that antena off :p

[​IMG]

13. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Haha I remember doing that with the Phillips C12.

For some reason I found hours of amusement, or fascination of undoing the antenna and finding the point where the phone loses connection with it and then trying to "fine tune" it.

14. NicCris

NicCris New Member

A Nokia 6126 was my first. Single most awesome flip phone ever because it had a "lazy button" that would automatically open the phone for you when pressed. Combined with open to answer it was the single coolest way to answer the phone. Also awesome because I could pick any music file I wanted (regardless of length or size) as my ringtone, text alert, etc. and text messages had no limit on how many there were so long as there was enough memory for them. With a microSD card, I never deleted my text messages.