Put A 3,000 mAh Battery In The Upcoming Nexus 5 (2015)!

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by teamxxlp, May 14, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The original Nexus 5 came with a 2,300 mAh battery, which gave the device somewhat mediocre battery life. If a new Nexus 5 is released with a 5.2-inch screen, then a 3,000 mAh or something close to that would be a major improvement and give a couple extra hours of battery life for most users. Battery life is my only complaint for my Nexus 5 at the moment.

2. Loading...

3. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 New Member

My Nexus 5 broke out of nowhere so I sent it back to the guys where I got my phone from and they couldn't figure out how to solve it so I just got 100% value in store credit. I bought an LG G2 because of the bigger battery and extra features. The N5 is a really nice and practical phone, don't get me wrong I like the N5 more than my current LG G2 but the bigger battery really does help. Hope Google does something about it in the new version.

4. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The Nexus 5 battery was very average. I don't know other people I've seen managed to get a screen on time of 5 hours but it always has been a hit and miss for me.

I agree with you, put in a 3000 mAh battery and downsize the screen to 5.2", I'll be all over it. According to recent rumors, the next rumored Nexus will have a 5.2" screen, but the battery capacity is still unconfirmed.