Purchasing a Phone Case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miaka_M, May 18, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There are so many different case choices out there for all types of phones. There are even ones with eyelashes! I normally go for a durable case that will offer maximum protection, if it looks cute, then that is an added bonus. My friends all have plastic cases that just look cute, but I'm pretty sure that it's not as safe as one with a rubber outer case. Which do you prefer? Cute or durable?

2. Loading...

3. fletcher0124

fletcher0124 New Member

I would go for durable, but with the variety these days, why settle? There are many companies that make nice looking cases, that are also very durable. It is up to you, but I believe the most durable cases are the ones that have both a hardshell on the outside and a soft cushioning on the inside. Of course its all up to you! I currently have a Tudia Cygen case on my OnePlus One. I love it and definitely recommend it.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I would and will always go with a durable case for my own peace of mind. At the moment I have a leather "book" style case for my phone and it's brilliant. I've dropped my phone at least twice and it's not got a mark on it thanks to the case. You can get a combination of durable & cute but I stick to basic looking cases.

5. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Ask yourself why you are getting a case in the first place. Is it for looks or protection. That is the main point of buying a protective case. I do stress the word protection. I've had so many friends actually drop their smartphone and break the screen. That could of been avoided if they had a simple inexpensive case. But they just didn't like the look of the case when they carried it around.

6. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 New Member

I've cracked my LG G2 in the first week of owning it and I've never left it "unattended". I personally use a Spigen case because it's protective and does well for my needs.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

To be honest, I don't think it matters at all whether it is actually cute or not. You have to take in consideration the price, the feel of it (material) and durability. If you're superficial or perhaps a little bit shallow, you would choose a cute one over the other comfortable ones. I do not recommend it though, do not be shallow and if you can get the best material for the lowest price, go for it, make sure it feels comfortable in your hands and it is durable and will truly protect your phone.

8. Brittney Stevens

Brittney Stevens New Member

I prefer a phone case that is both cute and durable, and I am aware that they exist. I want a phone case that will protect my phone from breaking after it has been thrown into a wall, run over by cars, and dropped on the sidewalk. I also want a phone case that has my initials spelled out in light blue rhinestones.

9. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

You should consider two things. First, does it answer the purpose? It's a phone case so it has it protect your phone. It has to be durable so that your phone won't easily break and has the protection it needs. After the first consideration, look at the case you are trying to purchase, does it look good? Do you want all the glitters? Do you want it pink with your initials? Or do you want it to be just completely black? For me, you have to consider both things before you buy one.

10. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think I prefer both, durable and cute. But there are not a lot of affordable phone cases that are both cute and durable. But when I purchase a phone case I consider price and material, and if its cute it's an extra! I currently have more than one year with my phone case, it's made out of a very good material I guess, and it's pink! So I guess I'm lucky.

11. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

A few months ago I bought my self a brand new phone which ended up being the HTC M9. As I was waiting for that to be delivered to me, I took a look at cases and screen protectors that were available for my new phone. I took a look on Amazon and saw what was out there, one of the main things that I look at is how many reviews it's got with how many stars. Reviews are extremely useful as it gives you information whether that product is any good or not. So I found my phone case and it had plenty of good reviews, the design of it is was great and also the way it protects the phone as well!

12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I look for the same things in phone cases as tablet cases. In the past, I've bought some of the 2 part cases that are hard plastic, but they're just not my style, and I feel my current style suits my needs.

What are your needs? Do you need something that's extremely durable? Something that will give you a good grip? Do color and whether it's solid or has a design on it matter? How about budget?

I look for something that will stand out among items it might be placed with or near, since I often misplace my devices. In the past, I've gone with lime green, hot pink, and purple cases. Every case I've bought for years has been soft rubber silicone gel, because I tend to drop my devices, so these protect the device, and also give me a great grip, much better than the device alone, or a hard plastic case. A leather case or something similar might work for me as well, but would cost a lot more, so is currently out of my price range.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I preffer a mix between the two, but I really buy cases just to protect my phones throughout the day. When I'm in bed or trying to watch something on it I take it off so the phone doesn't feel so bulky.