Purchased M7 few days before M8 launched

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, Apr 16, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Do any HTC ONE M8 owners feel a little annoyed that you've purchased the M8 when HTC already had the M9 model almost ready to go?

I owned the M7 model of the phone and I have to say it's probably the best phone I've ever used, and trust me I've used a few! So when the M8 was announced I eagerly ordered and paid the full price for the device not on contract. And while I think the M8 is an outstanding phone, I was a little annoyed that after only a few months of owning it, the M9 was due for release.

Smartphone technology, technology in general is moving at lightening speed but the frequency that companies are releasing devices these days is a little concerning.

teamxxlp likes this.
  2. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Smartphone manufacturers will continue to release new versions of flagship devices every single year because chipset technology continues to become more powerful and more power efficient. Moore's law is an incredible thing that drives the tech industry. The HTC One M7 is now a midrange device more than anything else, and the M8 is still almost as powerful as some of today's flagships. The difference between the M8 and M9 is much less pronounced, though. I absolutely loved the M7 when I owned one.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I still know people now that love and still use their M7 devices. They have had the option to upgrade or even switch to another manufacturer altogether but at the moment, it's still getting the latest software updates and people don't like to change, so they're still happy with a device that's a few years old now.

I guess that shows how good the device actually is.