Power button is stuck down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by briannagodess, Jul 10, 2015.

1. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

How do you remedy this without going to the store? This is always my problem with apple products. I have had an ipod touch that the power button was also stuck down. Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Loading...

3. allison1499

allison1499 New Member

There is a way to resolve this issue on your own, but if you do not have any technology repair background I probably would not suggest doing it yourself. Simply google "How to fix a stuck power button on iPhone 5S". An article shows all the steps for someone doing it on their own, but it requires specific iPhone tools, and you even have to remove your screen and battery. This is just why personally if I had no background on iPhone repair, I would just go to a store.

Also, I'm not sure if you already have this turned on, but Apple made a tool for cases like yours. If you go into settings, general, accessibility, scroll down and click on AssistiveTouch and switch it to on. This is a button that will always appear on your screen that will allow you to turn your phone off, shut it completely down, take screenshots, and more.

I hope I was at least a little helpful! I wish there was a way you could resolve the stuck power button that was easier. I understand your frustration.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I was hoping that there is some way to resolve it without opening it up lol. I do have assisstive touch. Thanks for the information though!

5. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

I think if you put some oils on the button, this might work to loosen it up a little. I of course mean oils that approved for electronics.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My iPhone 5 also has this problem, and it stuck way down for me to feel comfortable using it. Since I have the Otter case, I fold a tiny piece of paper and put it under the flap. It is now working just fine and dandy without me having to try to fix it.