Power button doesn`t work

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Charlie, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Charlie

Charlie Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I need some help with finding data on my water damage S3. I left my phone into the jacket and I put it in washing machine. When I noticed, I took out the battery and SIM card and dry visible water with cloth. Then I left it in the air for 2-3 hours before putting them back and pressed the power button and it worked for a while. After using, the battery became hot and the screen repeatedly flashed 'Samsung Galaxy S3'. I took out the battery and put it back after awhile and it worked again for awhile and the flashing started again. When the flashing happened I couldn't do anything, no power off, no nothing.I put the battery back and the power button doesn't work. When I plug in the charger the screen only shows me the battery bar. When I press the power button together with home and volume down buttons, it shows up for 4 seconds and it returns back to the flashing .
    Can you, please, help me ? :(

2. Loading...

3. ChipAndDale

ChipAndDale New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Male
    Seems to me like a problem that you can solve in a GSM service ... Or, maybe, somebody had this issue and knows how to help u here

4. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Yup, bring it into a service shop and see if they can help you out. If you don't want to give somebody money to help you, I remember there were articles which describe your issue and give you a solution to the problem, there was a way to disassemble the phone and fix it, but I can't find it at the moment. And if it's a problem with the power button itself, there are many spare ones that are sold online, check Ebay. Good luck!

5. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Female
    Wow, this sounds like a serious issue. You might still have water damage on the inside of the phone. I would say you should maybe try to replace the phone. If you think you would want to try putting the phone and all its accessories in a bag of white rice overnight, this might help.