Poor Battery Life After Upgraded To Jelly Bean

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

Hello everyone, I have recently upgraded to Jelly Bean and ever since the battery of the phone is draining like crazy. I am not playing games or watching videos all day long, I used to charge the phone every 2 days but now I need to charge it every 10h or so. Is this a known issue or is there a way to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

#2 Guest, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey Josh, have you tried

Hey Josh, have you tried rebooting the phone? :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey thanks for the reply,

Hey thanks for the reply,

I have rebooted the phone for several times and the battery still drains like crazy. I have uninstalled most of the apps but is still noticeable.

#4 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey Josh, I had the

Hey Josh, I had the same issue when I upgraded to Jelly Bean. Here are a couple of tricks that helped me and will definitely help you too:

•Go into <strong>Settings</strong> > <strong>Battery</strong> and take a look at what is draining the power most. Turning off Google Now, or Google Wallet and NFC functionality you will see a HUGE battery life increase. Maybe you have another app running in the background that’s eating more power than it should. If so, you’ll find it here, and you can deal with it.

•It could be because your device is connecting to LTE or trying to. You can change this in<strong> Settings </strong>> <strong>More settings </strong>> <strong>Mobile networks </strong>and select your Network mode.

•It could be a reading fault with your microSD card. Please remove the card and see if your problem has been fixed.

Wish you good luck :)

#5 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Haha, indeed I had a

Haha, indeed I had a couple of apps that were "eating" the battery. I can't believe I didn't seen this right from the beginning :D

Thanks Alexandru!

#6 Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014