Phone is asking me to Enter Password !

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by SonyTark, Apr 1, 2015.

1. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    hey Guys, i just purchase a Note 1 GT-N7000 from a store that is specialized in selling phones and is running the stock Android, i was trying to perform a factory reset in order to have a clean OS and get rid of the bloatware , i did factory reset it and now is asking me to confirm a password which i didn't set ... ? help ? o_O

2. Loading...

3. Oliver

Oliver Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hy Sony, are u sure that the device was not protected before with a password from his previous Owner if you say you have bought it from a store ? maybe go back to the store and ask them for the passoword for the device... try your luck :)

4. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    I already call the place from which i bought it and they confirm me that the device was not touched, they have just like the previous owner left it, they just did factory reset to the device ...

5. Oliver

Oliver Member

Mar 24, 2015
    if they factory reset it, that means it should have asked for a password just like the phone is asking you now... call them again and tell them you want the password..

Or try the default password for almost all the devices : 12345 or 0000

6. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    i have tried 12345 and 0000 and is not working...

Confirmed : is working with 00000 ... that is very strange, i will try to install the Kitkat and get rid of the stock old ROM ... :p

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    So after you did a factory reset, it probably asking you to enter your own password, am I right? In any case, this is good to know to use the default code though.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    It was probably a set code entered by the first owner of the phone. Samsung are notorious for making their factory resets kind of weak and not deleting all the previous information.
    I think it should be fine if you flash a new rom.