Now that the LG G4 has been announced, would you buy it?

Discussion in 'LG' started by FuZyOn, Apr 30, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't think that it's an upgrade-worthy device if you are already using one of the latest smartphones.
    The camera seems amazing on this phone though, this may be one of the reasons that some people may feel the need to upgrade.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

While I'd like to get my hands on it to have a proppr look myself, I do think your right.

I think if you have the G3 and your a particular lover of LG phones then I think you would upgrade but anybody else, I'm not too sure.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

The G3 is still going to be a great phone compared to the G4, but a lot of people that love the G3 will nonetheless upgrade. I would get a G4 because LG seems to know what it's doing with its smartphones. The 808 processor has benchmarked well even against the 810, except in the graphics department. I even like the UI overlay on Android from LG, so I'd have to call this one a buy.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Using the 808 processor was definitely the way to go, especially with the 810 not being as good as what was expected.

People do tend to stick with their own brands when it comes to choosing their next device and I think this might be the only issue for LG. Are people going to trade in their HTC's, Samsung and Apple's to switch to LG, no matter how good it is?

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It really depends. I personally don't have any friends who are loyal to companies, but I'm sure that HTC lost a lot of it's fanbase because of the M9.
    I really dig LG and I will buy another product from them for sure, but if the competition is stiff and other manufacturers put out good phones I'm surely going to buy the best one available.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Why would HTC have lost a lot of its customers due to the M9?

I've got the M9 and it's the best phone I've ever had. If you look at the customer reviews, a lot of people will say the same aswell. The only down side for me was that there's not that much difference from the M8.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You kind of answered your own question. The M9 is not really a worthy upgrade from the M8 and the former is outclassed by the current flagships.
    Hope HTC is going to recover next year, they are a really good company.

9. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

Absolutely! I had the G3 and the phone functioned as smooth as butter. The way it sat in my palm felt much MUCH more natural than the Note 3 I had before it and M8 I had after it. I am a fan of the LG flagships once they added expandable memory and an external battery.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

HTC don't have anything to recover from? While there might not be much difference between the M8 and the M9, only people that have had both devices will know that. If people are looking at getting a new device, then they will look at the M9 as being a worthy alternative to what they own already.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think you misread my post. I'm positive that HTC can bring a really good device if they want to, it's just that this year they just relaxed thinking that as long as they make an identical device to M8 they're going to have the same kind of success.
    I haven't toyed with the M9 much and I don't think it's a bad device at all, it actually does its job pretty fine. Maybe some software upgrades are going to breath new life into the device.