Note vs S series

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by pixel, May 6, 2015.

1. pixel

pixel New Member

Hello, all. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for the past few years, but I've always been curious about the Galaxy Note devices, since they fill in the gap between phone and tablet. For those of you who have used a standard size smartphone before making the switch, how is your daily use different from before? I only ask because my contract is up for renewal and I'm thinking of whether or not I should get a Note 4 or the new S6.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

This is all down to personal choice. Personally I don't like the size of the note and so would choose the S6, and that's purely because of the size.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Although you get the added bulk from the screen size increase, you can do a few different tasks much more effectively on something like the Galaxy Note series compared to the Galaxy S series. Reading and going through websites becomes a much more enjoyable experience, and the 2K screen on the Note 4 does make text easier on the eyes for long-term periods. Gaming is a lot more exciting with better graphics and more screen to see the action. There's a lot of advantages, but not everyone likes that size boost.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think that's the main issue for me. If you do a lot of gaming on your mobile device then obviously the bigger the screen, the more enjoyable your experience will be.

Personally I don't, so I don't really have the need for a big screen device. The standard size screen is more than enough to be able to do everything else you would want.

6. Mongoose87

Mongoose87 New Member

Besides size between the S6 and the note, has anyone had trouble with apps? I have the S5, and looking at upgrading to either the Note of the S6, but I keep hearing rumors that the Note has been having some small issues. However the cell phone rep just said that some phones are prone to bugs and normally work themselves out. However if I am paying for the phone which is pretty expensive in my opinion, then I want a phone to and not have "issues".

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think you'll be lucky to find any device on the market at the moment that doesn't have any issues at all. I know what you mean though, if your paying that amount of money then you want it to be worth it.

The issue you mention though, personally it wouldn't put me off getting the device, if it's an app problem then that can easily be resolved anyway so if you want it, I'd go for it.

8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree, it is up to personal uses to determine which would be a better fit for you. I personally would prefer the larger size to the smaller, because I deal with a lot of photographs and product advertisements, but if it was mainly for phone calls and texts, I would probably stick with the smaller sized device. From what I've read, they are both good products that function well, so either should suffice, it's just a matter of which tasks you'll be using it for primarily.