Not very fond of the iphone 6 look

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Miaka_M, May 5, 2015.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Personally, I prefer the design of the iphone 4 because it was smaller and could fit in my pockets. Jeans for women don't make massive pockets so it would be a lot more convenient if the phone could actually fit inside. I wonder why they made the phones bigger. I do love the sleek and slim look, but not the size. What are your thoughts?

2. Loading...

3. jfab

jfab Member

I do like the iPhone 6 design actually. I was skeptical at first because it kind of looks like an Android phone.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The way the phone looks had a bit of a mixed reaction. I think it's probably more important though, how a device actually performs rather than just how it looks.

5. pixel

pixel New Member

The form factor isn't my cup of tea either, but I can see how they tried to improve the design over the 4S. However, I really dislike the trend of super thin phones that's been happening recently. I like my devices to have some weight and density to them, since it just feels better in my hands.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

That's why I think its always Important to at least try a hand set before you buy one if you get the chance.

Going form say an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6 will be a massive learning curve, and not just software wise but also hardware.

You'll find it will take a while before you get the hang of how to use it with dropping it for one thing...

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really like the design of the iPhone 6 and also it's size, although I think I'm probably the only one among my friends who says that.
    As pwarbi said, you probably get used to the size in time.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As with anything, I think people will get used to it the more they use it.

Another problem could be dropping back down if you had to. Trying to use another phone with a smaller screen after having used one of these would be a nightmare.

9. AlexKabam

AlexKabam New Member

I think the iPhone is super sleek and I love the screen length. I don't think that there is any downside for me, although I guess my pants have long pockets. I love using the iPhone 6, and I think using an iPhone 4 would be torture after getting used to the versatility and the length of a iPhone 6.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think as with any phone, when you get used to it, it won't be an issue. Personally I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6, any iPhone even for that matter so wouldn't be buying one anyway, but as far as phones go, I think Apple have done a decent enough job in making the device appeal to Apple users, as for others I'm not too sure.

11. Val

Val New Member

I love the design of the iPhone 6. It's big, but still light-weight and thin. I know some people actually like some weight to your phone, but I actually love how it feels in my hands. I love that it's thin and feels delicate when I hold it. As a woman, I know the whole issue of not being able to fit your phone in your pockets, but I personally don't think we should put our phones in our pockets anyway. They can easily fall out, get stolen, get damaged, etc. They're very pretty, in my opinion.

12. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really do like the look of the new iPhones. I think that the 4's are nice because they were all glass, but they were so easy to break. I can't count how many times I had to replace the back of my phone. I mean it just stinks have to replace it all the time. With these new phones you don't have to worry about that.

13. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really do like the look of the new iPhones. I think that the 4's are nice because they were all glass, but they were so easy to break. I can't count how many times I had to replace the back of my phone. I mean it just stinks have to replace it all the time. With these new phones you don't have to worry about that.