Not as many apps....very little roo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sweetkymom, May 7, 2015.

1. sweetkymom

sweetkymom New Member

I'm not sure of what's going on but my phone is about out of space for apps. My iPhone 3 held just as many, if not more! Why am I out of room with this one?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Danielle Davidson
      Replies:
      Views:

3. westmixxin

westmixxin New Member

It really just depends on how many gigabytes come with the phone. I have a 32 GB iPhone 4S so I haven't had to worry about anything like that before. You probably need to increase your storage capacity by upgrading.

4. pixel

pixel New Member

Unfortunately, iPhones do not come with an SD card expansion slot, so whatever storage your phone came with is what you're stuck with until you buy a new phone. If you check your phone's general information, you can see how much total storage space your phone has, as well as what type of data is using that space. My suggestion would be to delete any unused applications where possible and perhaps remove/transfer any videos, music, or other media that you don't find necessary.

5. jfab

jfab Member

What is the memory level of your phone? That's usually the case.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Like what everyone else is saying, it does depend on how much space your phone came with. Maybe going through the about section and seeing how muc you have left? Check to see what is taking up the most room and decide if you can cut down on it. Like old apps that you don't use and even deleting or moving pictures from your phone to another device like your computer or a stick etc. You can free up a lot of room that way. :)

7. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have a 32GB iPhone 4s, and there is still a lot of space in it even if I have hundreds of songs and various games installed. They are right. Your phone might not have that much internal storage. Follow Miaka's advice about deleting pictures and uninstalling apps. Delete songs that you don't listen to anymore as well. After all, you can always put them back through iTunes.

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah..I agree with everyone here. It has to do with how many GB your cell phone has, and how many other applications you are storing on it too. I don't have much space on mine so I don't download many apps, and I removed whatever I don't need.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

One thing that you can do to give you more space is to delete the apps and then redownload them again. I found that this has worked well for me. Last night I noticed that my Beats music was using up a lot of space and it seemed odd because on my boyfriends phone it was using less space. So, I just deleted it and then downloaded it again and it's barley taking up any space in my phone now. I mean it's pretty annoying having to do that all the time, but it's worth it in the end

10. turtledove

turtledove New Member

It depends how much memory you have on that specific device. Your earlier device may have had more GBs than your current one, so this one may not take as many apps. I have the same problem - I only have an 8GB phone, and I don't have space for anything apart from one app and a few photos. It can be quite irritating.

11. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

All depends on how much memory space you have on your phone, and don't forget that the operating system already takes a big chunk of usable memory away and I should imagine the memory used for it will be slightly more compared to the 3s.