Nokia Lumia 610 - How to Update to Windows 7.8

Discussion in 'Lumia' started by Andreas, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Andreas

Andreas Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    can anyone know how can i update my Windows Phone Lumia 610 to run Windows Phone 7.8 ?

Thanks in advanced

2. Loading...

3. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Your phone should notify you about new updates when they are available... Dooes it not get you notify about Updates in order to Update it ?

4. Andreas

Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Nope, my phone is carrier Lock ( Vodafone Spain ) ... :(( should be because of this ?

5. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    #4 SonyTark, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    No, even if it is carrier lock, it still should have push up the updates if there is any available, carrier lock has nothing to do with Software Updates...

Anyway, i just took this from oficially Microsoft Website :

In order to push the update manually into your Phone, you need to have Zune Installed in your machine or the Windows Phone App

- Connect Your Phone to PC with a Compatible cable ( Is recommended to use Original Nokia Cable )

- Start The Zune Software or Windows Phone App and follow the Instructions in order to perform the Update

6. Andreas

Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Thank you SonyTark, i will give it a try , does it change that much the 7.8 ? I mean, is working faster or so ?

7. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    i honestly don't know Andreas , i got that information from Microsoft Website, i'm not using Lumia, i have iOS and Android Devices... Good Luck

8. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 13, 2015
    Male
    Try Settings-->phone update, tap the check for updates button. If that does not help you may not have an update available on your device yet.