No auto connect to wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Charlie, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Charlie

Charlie Member

Mar 23, 2015
    guys...
    Same old problem... I connect my iPhone to a network, then enter the password, and everything is ok until i go out of coverage.
    But when i go back where I can connect, the phone scans/finds the saved network but does not connect auto, i have to turn off/on wifi again and again and then it connects. It doesn't matter the router or type of network . Any suggestions ?

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    I don't know what to tell you, but I think your connection must not be strong enough for your phone to automatically connected or detected. If it is scanning then it must has a hard time finding the signal. Have you tested out at a different place to see if your phone has the same problem?

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Just asking for an update on this thread, there's a few people that are having the same issue so was just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of the problem or is it still an on going issue?

5. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Female
    That is what I'm thinking. I mean sometimes my phone doesn't always pick up on the connection in my house and that's just because the connection isn't strong enough. Or maybe you don't have your settings set so that it will remember everything you put into the WiFi. I have heard of that sometimes happening. I know that sometimes that can stink. When I was at college sometimes I would have to keep putting my username and password in.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    Another problem I found is when the connection is extremely busy or during high traffic hours, and usually is in the evening. My phone and my iPad took a long time to connect to my own internet in the evening and that circle thingy keeps on circling, @Danielle Davidson ! Now that is summer, students are home, playing games, doing lots of things online, my internet is suffering :(

7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Female
    Yeah sometimes that will happen at my house. The more people who are on the internet makes it harder to try and get on it. I mean I'm sure it's like that with a lot of houses. I know that the more people who were on at college, it would just slow the whole system down. And it stinks because then it takes you so much longer to do your work. Oh yeah, my mom is working from home right now and only one other person is allowed online just because the internet isn't that good. Where I live, we can't get anything better. We have been through atleast 4 different internet companies to try and make it faster and nothing has worked.

8. peter terpstra

peter terpstra Visitor
    Visitor

ive been having problems connecting to wifi since i got my screen replaced. it doesnt even give me the option to turn on wifi. let me know if you have any solution please!