Nexus 7 2013, android update has rendered my tablet useless!

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by geobingshoot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

After updating my Android OS, My Nexus 7 2013 shut down and will now only get to the Google logo on my screen. I have tried factory restoring it (Via recovery mode), but just received the message below about it being unable to mount cache
    E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery / log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery / log
    E:failed to mount / cache (Invalid argument)
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

I have spoken to a professional repair company and I'm being told "It is usually caused by updates corrupting. The only way at the moment is to change the mainboard. We are trying to find a fix but not there yet."

Please log on and let me know how many of you area also getting this issue, as i'm sure if there is a lot of us then we have a strong case for getting our tablets repaired by Google.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

It is possible for updates to get corrupted during installation. It's not possible that an update can cause corrupted data so bad that you need to replace a mainboard on your phone let alone any physical component. Unless the phone was defective from the start.

You're only options are pretty much reflash your Tablet via fastboot with an image downloaded from google's website or cave and give that tech money to replace the mainboard which he'll then probably reflash the phone via fastboot with an image downloaded from google's website.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The 5.0.2 Lollipop update to my Nexus 7 2013 2nd gen. has frozen my tablet on the white Google.

'Wipe Cache Partition' tried several times did not help as there seems to be many [maybe around 50] E: failed to mount / cache (Invalid argument) type of lines that are all there the next time I tried to clear the Cache Partition, so I have no idea if the stuff is in fact clearing or not.

'Wipe Data/ Factory Reset' tried several times did not help. Same thing here, like a trusting dummy I failed to backup before this system update since I'd never had a problem before and stand to lose a lot since my last backup... but, I'm not sure if my tablet is formatting to a factory reset or not. Still frozen.

I've yet to find a forum that can help with this problem.
    I'd been watching my notification bar indicate I have an OTA system update available for quite a while and before doing enough research I went ahead and downloaded which seemed to have completed fine albeit did see where some folks had been saying the download stopped without completing.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Try flashing the ROM using alternative methods.

7. Se7en

Se7en New Member

This should work. I had similar problem on my phone, as it got stuck on logo when turning on. Reflashed ROM using fastboot, and it worked.

8. Deena

Deena Visitor
    Visitor

9. Valerian

Valerian Visitor
    Visitor

Starting from last week I have exatly the same problem with my Nexus 7 2013