Nexus 5 Production Ceases

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by teamxxlp, May 1, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

This was actually announced over a month ago, but Google has pretty much stopped production of the Nexus 5. Some retailers still have new stock of the device, and prices on the used market increased a little in response to this news. Therefore, you should get your hands on a Nexus 5 soon if you've ever considered getting one. It'll still be a powerful smartphone for at least a few more months, maybe even longer.

2. Loading...

3. japanesewaterbottle

japanesewaterbottle New Member

Oh no! That sucks. I was planning to get a Nexus 5 soon because the prices are dropping. Unfortunately, I don't have the money yet. Thanks for the info.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Well, the prices aren't dropping thanks to that cease in production. You can still get a used one for fairly cheap, and even with an increased price tag the phone is still nearly $200 cheaper than most phones. It's a great device, though the battery life and speakers could be a little better. I have no other real complaints, though.

5. japanesewaterbottle

There goes my plan of buying a brand-new yet cheap Nexus 5. You're right, it's still cheaper than most phones, though. I'm unwilling to get a Samsung phone. I'll probably go and buy a brand-new but not that cheap Nexus 5.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Luckily, you'll still pay less for a slightly more expensive than before Nexus 5 compared to other flagship devices. You should have no trouble finding one for less than $400 brand new, which is only slightly higher than its original price of $320ish. Most phones drop in price after production stops because they're not that popular, but that's obviously not the case with Nexus devices. People love 'em.

7. japanesewaterbottle

The Nexus devices are in a league of their own. They totally deserve the love. I wouldn't mind the slightly higher price tag if it meant that I could have brand new Nexus device. :)