Nexus 5 Production Ceases

teamxxlp

Staff member
This was actually announced over a month ago, but Google has pretty much stopped production of the Nexus 5. Some retailers still have new stock of the device, and prices on the used market increased a little in response to this news. Therefore, you should get your hands on a Nexus 5 soon if you've ever considered getting one. It'll still be a powerful smartphone for at least a few more months, maybe even longer.

teamxxlp

Staff member
Well, the prices aren't dropping thanks to that cease in production. You can still get a used one for fairly cheap, and even with an increased price tag the phone is still nearly $200 cheaper than most phones. It's a great device, though the battery life and speakers could be a little better. I have no other real complaints, though.

There goes my plan of buying a brand-new yet cheap Nexus 5. You're right, it's still cheaper than most phones, though. I'm unwilling to get a Samsung phone. I'll probably go and buy a brand-new but not that cheap Nexus 5.

teamxxlp

Staff member
Luckily, you'll still pay less for a slightly more expensive than before Nexus 5 compared to other flagship devices. You should have no trouble finding one for less than $400 brand new, which is only slightly higher than its original price of $320ish. Most phones drop in price after production stops because they're not that popular, but that's obviously not the case with Nexus devices. People love 'em.

The Nexus devices are in a league of their own. They totally deserve the love. I wouldn't mind the slightly higher price tag if it meant that I could have brand new Nexus device. :)