Nexus 5 power button issue.Any Way to solve this issue ?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Davis, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Davis

Davis New Member

Hi,

Please help me. My Nexus 5 is extinct of guarantee and I have a Power Button hardware loser. Now the help center says that i'll need to alter the full motherboard as the power button cannot be substituted. Help and suggest some please. Thanks

2. Loading...

3. Richard

Richard New Member

You can't do anything right now. If there's some software or some other internal problem you can easily change it out or you update like this. But for this now you cannot do anything if the power button is broken.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You might be able to get a broken Nexus 5 with an intact MoBo for $100 or so and then perform the swap yourself. However, the faulty power button has been a common issue for some users, and there's no other solution. Once the power button goes, then you better hope you're under warranty or things get tough, and I'm assuming that's the lesson you're learning right now. Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 has gone up in price since the device was discontinued. You can still get new and used units from various sources, but the shortage has driven prices up slightly.