New iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yesterday I was looking online and I heard that they are going to be making iPhone 6s, 6s plus, and 6c. Below is the best picture that I have seen for what the 6c might look like. I don't know if they will actually look like that, but that is an image that I found online. It hasn't been announced on Appley yet, so nothing is set in stone. I don't really know too much about these phones. They will be smaller than the 6 plus. Not much smaller, but they will be smaller than that. I'm wondering if people just think that they are too big and that's why they won't make their new phones bigger. So, has anyone else heard anything about this?

[​IMG]

kaplan matthew likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Danielle Davidson
      Replies:
      Views:

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Chances are that the rumored trio of devices is true. However, none of this has to do with consumers not liking the larger screen size. Phablets are one of the fastest growing segments of smartphones, and millions of 5.5-inch devices have been sold so far.

The iPhone 6C is targeted at users that love the iPhones of years past with 4ish-inch screens, the one-handers. Then the iPhone 6S will be targeted at users that like a slightly larger screen but nothing in phablet territory. Then the 6S Plus is obviously aimed at phablet fans. It has everything to do with hitting every segment of the market, and nothing to do with a poor response to larger screen sizes.

Plus, any 6C device is going to be made from plastic at the lowest price point for consumers. Then things switch to metal and get more expensive with the larger 6S and 6S Plus. That's exactly what happened with the iPhone 5S and 5C, minus the phablet screen size.

short.cake likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Or I guess you could also say it's just another way of Apple trying to screw every last penny out of its customers?

Do even staunch, loyal Apple fans really think it's a good and positive move to release so many different versions of the same handset?

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apple leaks this year seems to have died down a bit. But there are chances where they would release the iPhone 6s this coming September. I am not sure whether they'll do the same for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Maybe if they release an iPhone 6C, it would please budgeted consumers. However, as I can remember, the 5C was a failure in terms of selling point.

6. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yeah, I don't know why they would make another 6c. I have the 5c, but it isn't the best phone that they have made. Honestly, I think that they would just make more money from the 6s. They seem like they would be better phones. In all honestly, I would never go back to an iPhone c phone. They just are not made well. I have also seen a decrease in the leaks that have come out. It's crazy because normally there are so many out there. I kind of like it though, because then I'm not hopeful for something that Apple won't make.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The 6c doesn't really look that bad. I really like the plastic design and even though this is a gimmicky device to screw the last penny out of their customers I still have to give them props for the design.

#6 FuZyOn, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  8. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

The thing is, that may not even be what that phone will look like. I hope that it does just because then I think more people will buy it. The 5c they made just wasn't good. I'm not surprised that they didn't make the amount of money they thought that they would. It seems like they were just made super fast during production so that they would have another phone they could sell. That's the one thing that I think Apple does wrong. They make everything too fast.

9. KatyCat

KatyCat New Member

That's definitely true. I was pretty wary about buying the iPhone 6 so close to its debut since the first runs of them tend to be riddled with problems.

I remember when the iPhone 5s (I believe?) came out. Everyone I know who bought one ended up with cracked screens within a month of purchase. I know that I'm friends with a lot of clumsy people, but that's a little bit ridiculous.

I know that they love to hype and push out a product as soon as possible so that they can make their buck, but I think that the consumers would really appreciate a product that was vetted through a little more testing this time around. I hope that if this is a real concept, they don't cheap out on every part. Then again, that's quite a bunch of wishful thinking.

10. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I have heard a couple of people say that, and I have to say that I agree with you. When the iPhone 6 first came out I heard that they were actually having a lot of problems with them. Not that that is a shock to me after the updates they made with the phones. Wow, I can't believe that their phones screen cracked, and it sounds like it was quite a few people too. And that's not okay, which shows that Apple needs to start caring more about the products that they are giving out to the public. I feel like they are now starting to go downhill because they are trying to keep up with everyone else. I would also love it if they would take more time. They are coming out with a new phone every year and some people can't even get a phone every year because they have a contract with their cell phone company.

11. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I think apple should release new versions of the iphone only every two to three years. They seem to speed everything up. Consumers tend to get hyped up too and buy the newer versions even if they do not need it.

I do hope we become more conscious buyers. Times today are really hard. If our phone is still working, there is no need to buy a new one. My SIL is such a gadget hoarder. She has all the apple products and buys the new version each year. I think it is a waste of money especially if the old version is working fine for you.

But that is the aim of apple. To lure consumers into buying the newer, 'better' stuff which allows them to earn millions of money. It is just business anyway. I hope they become more aware of the needs of the consumers instead of releasing the same phone with a little upgrade from the older version.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

There's obviously going to be two sides to the way you look at new phones, the manufacturers side, and then our side, the consumer.

As a manufacturer, it's obviously important to get your device selling off the shelves, it's no good quoting sales figures that include bulk orders by stores, because if they don't sell, they'll be sending them back. At the end of the day it's a business, and that business is to sell phones and make money.

As a consumer, it's our right to be able to pick and choose who we want to go with, while its true that if your device is still working, then there's not really any point in changing, but we all want the newest and latest device so it's easy for the manufacturer to get us tempted into getting a new device, as and when they get released.

13. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Oh yeah, I get that places like Apple does have a quota that they have to make. I mean they wouldn't be able to sell all the phones that they do if they didn't make it. So, people like me would be upset if they didn't because then we wouldn't be able to get a new phone from them. The only thing that I wish they would do would be to take a little more time. Sometimes they don't come out with the phones without making sure that they will sell properly.

14. short.cake

short.cake New Member

I know a couple of people who had the 5c phone and they felt the same way. It felt like a cheaper phone and not the quality expected for an Apple product. I'm sure if they come out with a 6c it will have the same results as 5c---low quality and sales.

15. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Oh yeah, I think that the same thing will happen. I mean if they put more money into those phones, I'm sure that they would get more sales. I think that they just made it quickly so that they could get another phone out there. That's the only reason I could see why they made it like that.

16. kaplan matthew

kaplan matthew New Member

Seriously! how amazing it is :D

I am in so much love with these iphones :oops::rolleyes:
    I wish I could take all of them and make their collection :D;)