My TouchScreen is going Crazy !

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by MzzSarah5, Mar 25, 2015.

1. MzzSarah5

MzzSarah5 New Member

I don't know what happend, i'm using a Note 3 that i bought it Second Hand and i have notice that sometine, like 3, 4 time per day, when i bring up the Dialpad or when i want to press some icons app's, instead or pressing the number 3 on Dialpad, it press 5 , i press 0 and it press 3 etc...

Also i press Gallery and it opens itself Music Player...

2. Loading...

3. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

it seems that you're screen is uncalibrated... tell us more details, which ROM are u using ?

Or maybe the person you bought it from had pressing too hard or he put alot of force on the screen and the digitizer can be damaged ... :(

If the digitizer is damaged, you can replace it, even though it's very expansive to replace the digitizer on a Note 3

4. MzzSarah5

MzzSarah5 New Member

The person which i bought it it was a girl also and i didn't ask her about this...

The phone come with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, she said to me that she update it as the update was prompted to her...

5. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Ok, it could be due to that the Android 4.3 left some trashes or something like this....

Try to factory Reset it and after that calibrate your screen, if the problem is still there, then the digitizer is dead :(

6. Key343

Key343 New Member

If you can get to your settings, I strongly recommend calibrating your screen. My mom was going through the same problem so we reset her phone and it let me go to the settings and calibrate the screen.

7. samanthasays

samanthasays New Member

I would recommend trying to reset your phone first I've noticed my phone tends to glitch if it hasn't been reset recently. If that doesn't work I would definitely recalibrate the screen, it's a pretty simple fix unless there is a deeper issue.

8. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

I ran into this problem in the past with the original Motorola Droid from several years ago. After about 1.5-2 years of owning it, the screen started acting erratic at times, and it progressively got worse. It was laughably bad when trying to play a game like Angry Birds, but it also caused some embarrassing incidents when trying to browse Facebook from my phone, when it would accidentally click stuff such as the "Like" button on things I didn't mean to.

I believe I figured out what one of the culprits was eventually - a third party charger I was using. I bought a couple of extra third party chargers so I could leave one at work, and have one at home, plus a spare one in my laptop case when I'm travelling. I was always forgetting to bring my charger home with me from work and vice versa. Anyhow, I eventually realized that the times when my screen was acting really wonky was when I was using the third party chargers, and when I used the official charger it happened less, if at all.

However apparently the third party chargers did some permanent damage, because the erratic behavior would still happen once in a while when the phone was unplugged too - which it never did when I first got it.