My samsung galaxy s4 won't charge?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by geobingshoot, Jun 8, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

So i bought a samsung galaxy s4 last week, and so far i was really impressed by it. but today when i
    woke up i saw that it was almost dead.
    So i thought that i forgot to put it in the charger, but i didnt. it was connected correctly but it wasent charging.
    So i put the charger out-and then in again but now it only vibrates every 10 seconds then it shuts itself down.
    It shows a picture of the battery and like arrows in a circle inside the battert, but nit the usual green at the bottom when the battery is charging,
    I dont know whats wrong? so i put the charger in it vibrates the gray picture of the battery shows up, then it fades away?? i dont understand last night it was charging and working prefectly.
    So i just wont charge, so whats the problem. PLEASE HELP

2. Loading...

3. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, it could be a number of reasons. The first I'd check to see if there's any damage to the charger and cable. Sometimes the fault can also be with the actual connector from the charger or inside your phone. These are often difficult to ascertain, especially if there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them on the surface. I wouldn't mess around with the battery, better get a technician to check it out.

4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Wow, maybe the battery that was preinstalled in your Galaxy is old. I know that is not something anyone likes to hear. However, you might want to try replacing the battery.

5. Nick Lambert

Nick Lambert New Member

I had the same problem with my S3. I thought it was the charger or battery but sadly it was the phone. The charging port was damaged (I guess from bending the charger while it was plugged in). I am pretty sure that's the problem you have but try a different charger. If not I have a temporary fix. So plug the phone in like normal and set it on a table so it's still. While it's plugged in, gently add slight pressure in different directions to the charger, and hold the charger in those different positions for a good 10 seconds at a time to see if it starts charging. It works for my S3 that still has the problem but it's only a temporary fix because it's not good for the phone because the pins inside the charging port bend. Hopefully you understand what I mean and get your phone charging somehow. If anyone else has a phone with same battery in your house you can ask to put your battery in it just to charge. Goodluck and let me know what happens!

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The charging port may be damaged or there is a problem with the USB. Have you actually tried another charger? Even if your phone is broken I think your problem is covered by warranty so I suggest you just talk with Samsung about it.